Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup guys! Went to the track today..and came up with these results..

Overall I'm happy. I didn't expect to trap almost 101mph. My goal was 13.8, well, 13s.. oh so close! Now that I got the launch down, the next time I go I should definitely see 13s! I finally got a feel on how to launch her, my 60' went down each time so I'm happy about that.

14.14 run

14.04 run

Ironically, the last video where I said "worst run of the day" was the best haha

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not bad. It was test & tune and Corvette and Mopar challenges. There were some nice cars there. The ZR1 ran an 11.6 I think. Fast, but the ZR1 is capable of better.

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
Nice runs! What are your mods?

Interesting that we might be able to run with an SRT-8 Jeep from a roll...obviously they'll kick our asses from a dig with AWD launch and massive torque advantage but you were only about 1.5mph off his trap.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Nice runs! What are your mods?

Interesting that we might be able to run with an SRT-8 Jeep from a roll...obviously they'll kick our asses from a dig with AWD launch and massive torque advantage but you were only about 1.5mph off his trap.
Yea I noticed that too. There was also a 335i running 13.8 @101 :eek:

Fujita CAI, RV6 Jpipe/test pipe, mid muffler delete

·
SSM_AV6-6
1,050 Posts
Very nice! :D

Damn your car has some balls. 3 mph higher than the stock magazine trap speed, which according to some, was driven by Don Garlits, along with every other Honda tested. Because Honda pays off the American media to aggrandize vehicles that are already superior in the important aspects of the automotive market :p

I can't wait until I can get back to the track with now having basically the same mods, and a mod or two to smite the wheel hop so that I don't have to deflate the tires to like 20 or less psi.

Quick tech question... I know a few years ago, SAE changed the power ratings calculations to screw over Honda and Toyota(even though their specific power output still $#17$ all over the big three's) and Honda changed the bhp rating of just about every engine in the lineup(for example the identical engine from the 02-04 RSX-S was rated 3 hp higher than the same engine in the new SI).... is there an actual four HP difference between the j30a4 and j30a5, or is it the typical Honda increase of 10 HP midway through the generational run of five years? Either way, I'm very impressed by the ability of Sonnick's Accord to kick some major ass!

·
Honda Tech
810 Posts
damn I've had two Camaros and this accord plus i go to school to be a mechanic and still have never been to the track hahaha. i think the accord this year might pop my track cherry though haha

Hey btw you ever go to Atco? cause that would be my local track and it would be neat to meet up there sometime

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
'05 GT. Idk what mods he had but it was fast. He had all 4 Mickey Thompson slicks.

·
I <3 My J30A4
2,925 Posts
Hey sonnick i am located in queens it would be cool to meetup with you and mayb go to englishtown with you and also know kevin 05av6 i am cool with him, maybe we could all go their... i wanna c how my car runs with all the bolts on and tune even tho im an auto :(. LMK bro would be nice to meet another 7th gen member. BTW my name is shazar

·
346hp/300tq @ 4psi
3,014 Posts
hey sonnick, those are some pretty damn good times for what mods you have. nice!! what was the temperature that day?

R/T needs some work though. :p

if you launch when its green, your too late. next time you go, try launching when you see the last yellow light up. ;)

·
I <3 My J30A4
2,925 Posts
so you should not floor it when it hits green floor it when the yellow lights up? im an auto and i plan on going to the track lol

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Hey sonnick i am located in queens it would be cool to meetup with you and mayb go to englishtown with you and also know kevin 05av6 i am cool with him, maybe we could all go their... i wanna c how my car runs with all the bolts on and tune even tho im an auto :(. LMK bro would be nice to meet another 7th gen member. BTW my name is shazar
Yea definitely. I met Kevin last time I went to the track, I would definitely go with you guys. Even just to meet up I'm down.
hey sonnick, those are some pretty damn good times for what mods you have. nice!! what was the temperature that day?

R/T needs some work though. :p

if you launch when its green, your too late. next time you go, try launching when you see the last yellow light up. ;)
Haha thanks. The last run I paid attention solely on the launch so I neglected the R/T haha.

It was between 42-45 the times that I ran according to DragTimes. I tried to get a cooler day and it was perfect. Compared to my other times, between the 60' and its effect on ET, I should have ran a sub-14 sec pass. My shifting must not have been on point.

I want to mod more now :angel:

·
J33 w/TL LSD 6 Speed
1,586 Posts
Solid times, very solid indeed. Jebus if I knew the track was open this early i'd go down, when you planning on going down next? I have a big weekend of tuning and weight reduction next week, anytime after that LMK I'm game (best weekend would be first in April for me)

1 - 20 of 32 Posts