Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
BLK HWAK
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
recently, i wanted something new shoes for my blk av6. (it's lowerd with TeinS+Koni)

i'm just abt to purchase

Enkei Evo6,

size: 17x7.0J
Offset : 42

was wondering how it will look on my av6, compared to stock TLs..

and any recommanded tire size?

thx in advance.

·
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee
2,701 Posts
I think it'll look pretty good, though +42 offset is a little low. Since they're only 7" wide you might be okay though as far as rubbing. Might have to roll the fenders.

As far as tire size, you can always stick with stock size, 215/50/17, but you could probably squeeze 235/45/17s on it. A tiny bit lower profile hight but over an inch wider track.

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
I dont think you want to put a 235 on a 7'' rim maybe a 7.5''
:werd: I'd also recommend the 225/45/17. I had 215/50/17's on my 17x7 wheels and I recently changed them over to 225/50/17 on the exact same model tire. The ride is EXTREMELY comfortable now (not that it wasnt before, but now its just mushy), the only gripe that I have is that when I make turns the car is just too sluggish since now the tires are wider and give more play and flex while turning. 225/45/17 will shorten the sidewall (45 vs 50) for increased control and give you more traction (225 vs 215)... I dont feel as comfortable taking turns at the speeds I took them before, I guess its divine intervention... haha.

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
Been done before many times. Not an issue on a 7" wheel.
you'd better find the stiffest sidewalls you could get or else the car will have waaaay too much play when you make turns... I'm trying to find 8" wide wheels for cheap so I can mount the tires I have now, I'm getting fed up with the unresponsiveness of the steering.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts