Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm looking for the HID look without the $300 being spent. I heard Eurolite Xenon Fuzion headlights are good...anyone have any pics of these or any other suggestions?
 

·
registered n00b
Joined
·
2,769 Posts
the "HID look" with halogen bulbs will either (1) provide less usable light than a standard halogen bulb, or (2) draw so much current that you greatly increase the risk of melting things, or causing an electrical fire.

my suggestion is to stick with bulbs that operate between 55-65w, and has minimal, if any blue tint on the glass. my recommendation would be to stay AWAY from silverstars, but to try Sylvania Xtra Vision instead. it will not give you the white/blue look, but it is the one halogen bulb hat gives the best output in my personal experiences.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,436 Posts
yeah its not going to be cool when your wiring harness has melted. No complaints about my PIAA Xtreme White
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,116 Posts
sumptimwong: said:
my suggestion is to stick with bulbs that operate between 55-65w, and has minimal, if any blue tint on the glass. my recommendation would be to stay AWAY from silverstars, but to try Sylvania Xtra Vision instead. it will not give you the white/blue look, but it is the one halogen bulb hat gives the best output in my personal experiences.
Are these brighter than the silverstars? I thought the silverstars were the top halogen bulb from Sylvania?
 

·
registered n00b
Joined
·
2,769 Posts
output in lumens is comparable, but the color temp on silverstars is higher (bluer, not necessarily brighter). silverstars are notorious for premature failure. of the three pairs ive owned, none of them lasted for more than a year. one bulb even died just several weeks after isntallation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,116 Posts
sumptimwong: said:
output in lumens is comparable, but the color temp on silverstars is higher (bluer, not necessarily brighter). silverstars are notorious for premature failure. of the three pairs ive owned, none of them lasted for more than a year. one bulb even died just several weeks after isntallation.
Yeah, I know what you mean. I was replacing bulbs every 3 months or so. That was back in 2003. I'm surprised that over two years later, their reputation for premature failure hasn't stopped people from buying them.
 

·
V6 -> I4 -> I6
Joined
·
2,943 Posts
APOLLON said:
Yeah, I know what you mean. I was replacing bulbs every 3 months or so. That was back in 2003. I'm surprised that over two years later, their reputation for premature failure hasn't stopped people from buying them.
word.

I thought they got better so I bought a set for my prelude. 3 month later(and I barely drove the damn car), one of it went. I got so pissed, I took both of them out and threw it like 10 times in my garage.

cheap $9.99 ebay bulbs lasts more than that. it was definitely brighter than stock bulbs though.
 

·
User #4002
Joined
·
1,283 Posts
get HIR bulbs. they say they have more lumens then stardard bulbs :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
46 Posts
I have H.I.R. bulbs in my Highs and lows, I love them they are not a real white light but they will give you a lot of light over stock. With the High beams on it lights the whole road really bright!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
468 Posts
I used to have a PIAA plasma on my old car and it works pretty good. It's pretty close to HID.
 

·
User #4002
Joined
·
1,283 Posts
moveingfaster said:
I have H.I.R. bulbs in my Highs and lows, I love them they are not a real white light but they will give you a lot of light over stock. With the High beams on it lights the whole road really bright!
Where did you get your HIR bulbs and how much?
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top