Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
EliteCM.net
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
y pipe is whatever exhaust you get. you might be confusing y pipe and Jpipe? jpipe is what goes from engines precats into cat. y pipe splits pipe after cat and goes to rear muflers

·
EliteCM.net
5,369 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
exeler8 and richys jpipes are common. another you can use is from ATLP. its from TL but my friend has it on his auto v6 sedan. that one is probably best for performance and clerance as far as i heard

·
2Door Accord
2 Posts
Cool I was looking for a thred like this. So.. would having a jpipe be street legal or would that depend on the state you live in?

·
Registered
722 Posts
Perfectly street legal, it doesn't eliminate any cats. The v3 j-pipe does eliminate the third cat, the one underneath the car. But if they check for emissions you won't fail because of the pre-cats under the hood. If you state does a visiual inspections you would have a problem only with the v3.

·
Going back to my roots.
305 Posts
has anybody just replaced stock mid and y pipe with this? will it fit and is it worth doing?
I like this idea. Are you talking about the Greddy EVO 2 mid and y pipes? Or is there a company Called Evo that makes these? I searched and found nothing. I'd like to replace most of my stock exhaust, too...without going to a local shop and have them hack it. There aren't many options as far as (good) exhaust shops where I live.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts