Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
7th Gen ACcord
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey just wondering is it possible to swap the EX v6 map light console onto my LX??? i really want the garage opener thing. if i get the whole console do you guys think its plug and play???

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
WIRE HARNESS, INSTRUMENT

EX - Part #1090861
EX V6 - Part #1090868

Wire harness for that section doesn't match so it's not plug and play.

·
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
3,545 Posts
WIRE HARNESS, INSTRUMENT

EX - Part #1090861
EX V6 - Part #1090868

Wire harness for that section doesn't match so it's not plug and play.
To me, just because the wiring harness is different, that doesn't mean that it isn't plug-n-play. I looked into this a little last year and it looked like a doable thing. The homelink console is kinda pricey (for basically a garage door opener, plus the sweet ambient light), but I do think it could be done. Not sure if it's plug-n-play or not, but I believe even if it's not, that it would still be relatively easily made to work without running a new harness, or even additional wire(s). No guarantees though.

My $0.02 .

·
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
3,545 Posts
I have the homelink garage door opener thing, and the range sucks.
If you want to get rid of that crappy homelink thing, I'll be glad to take it off your hands. I'll trade you my maplight module (no homelink) and $100 cash for your maplight module. :)

·
josephip said:
I have the homelink garage door opener thing, and the range sucks.
I used to think the range sucked too. Then--at least in my case--I realized that the range is actually just fine as long as you press and HOLD the button. At first, I would hit it quickly as I approached the garage and it wouldn't open. Then, once I was just about on top of the garage, I'd stop the car and push it again...only then did it seem to work.

It seems that instead of being able to just quickly push the button and have the garage door open (ala a regular door opener) there's a delay in the Homelink button. Maybe it's a safety mechanism to prevent you from opening or closing the door by accidentally tapping the button.

I probably just rambled needlessly. Sorry if this doesn't help. In my situation though, I've got pretty darned good range. (At least 40 feet.) Remember "Press and hold." :)

·
Registered
68 Posts
i never got mine to work, and i (think i) followed the directions correctly on how to set it up...

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
hey guys i just found this on college hill LINK . it says the homelink is plug on play on EX and EX-L.
That's interesting since the wire harness for that section doesn't match. I guess the difference in the wire harness doesn't make enough of a difference for it not to work.

·
7th Gen ACcord
3,671 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
okay i been rethinking about doing this soon. do you guys think it would work if i just splice the wire ??/ i know the EX map lights turn on if you open the door so what if i can figure out some way to connect that wire to the rear dome light that sends a signal to the light when the door is open. and for the garage opener itself is it just one unit like the sensor everything is in it??? and for that little orange LED light im planning to hook that to my alarm LED light so whenever i activate my alarm it will blink. hopefully i can find the whole console at a junkyard.

·
Registered
14,633 Posts
xjdMb16a2six said:
okay i been rethinking about doing this soon. do you guys think it would work if i just splice the wire ??/
You might not need but I guess you can give it a shot :) .

xjdMb16a2six said:
and for the garage opener itself is it just one unit like the sensor everything is in it???
Yes, all of the Homelink parts are contained in the map light console.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts