Accord V6 Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hi thisaznboi88 -

Can you please clarify the detailed steps for going back to stock ECU. I need to put in the stock ECU for emissions testing as I am not able to pass with the TL ECU. Then I will go back to the TL ECU until the next test.

I am planning to leave the end of the pins plugged into the OBD2 port and splice the wires with connectors. I have a hard time getting the pins in and out.

Here are the steps I have compiled

1) Unlock Flashpro from TL ECU
2) Remove Red CAN wire from #14 on the OBD2 port
3) Remove Gray wire from Pin #1 and insert into #14 on the OBD2 port

Question – Is it okay to leave the Red CAN wire disconnected
and the leave the White CAN wire in #6 and the CAN plugged in behind the airbag?

4) Unplug TL ECU & Adapter from harness
5) Plug-in stock ECU
6) Plug-in Fly100 and program the keys
7) No need to do anything with Flashpro

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
Replied back in red and in bold

1) Unlock Flashpro from TL ECU Correct, also double check it, so unplug it and replug it back and check on the laptop to make sure it is unregistered
2) Remove Red CAN wire from #14 on the OBD2 port Correct
3) Remove Gray wire from Pin #1 and insert into #14 on the OBD2 port Correct

Question – Is it okay to leave the Red CAN wire disconnected
and the leave the White CAN wire in #6 and the CAN plugged in behind the airbag? Correct, you can leave it in and it won't throw anything off

4) Unplug TL ECU & Adapter from harness Correct
5) Plug-in stock ECU Correct
6) Plug-in Fly100 and program the keys Correct
7) No need to do anything with Flashpro Correct, then drive the car around for a little bit to reset all the sensor, you can use the fly 100 to see if all the sensor are in the ready state

Reactions: 0VM66T

·
Registered
57 Posts
Hondata with automatic acura tl type s ecu

It seems like my mechanic found an automatic acura tl type s ecu to use for my accord instead of getting the base model manual version(bastard). My tuner couldnt properly tune the car unless the traction control was bypassed so the TCS light indicator is on, but car drives fine. If anyone had a similar situation with using the auto or manual ecu please post your personal experience.

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
zero issue when i had it on my car

·
Registered
57 Posts

Are you saying you used the manual or auto ecu. I currently have the 6spd with auto type s ecu.

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Are you saying you used the manual or auto ecu. I currently have the 6spd with auto type s ecu.
I used an AUTO 07 base ECU. zero issues. also 0 issues on all the cars I programmed also

·
Registered
57 Posts

was there anything specific you did when it came to the traction control or did everything workout as planned while tuning. Another question I basically had an issue with another tuner and the tuner who did my **** right needed me to get the password word from the other tuner to tap into a certain part of the hondata program which i think was tuning around the Traction control issue in the hondata program( that wasnt going to happen). From what i remembered he was able to bypass around it but could that have been part of the problem.

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Didn't touch the traction control car made 383whp on 7psi and around 415-425whp @ 9psi on a street tune. 06 v6 6mt 4dr

·
Registered
57 Posts

ok when I get around to it I'll see about that

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi I just wanted to say thanks for the great in-depth description and guide on how to install Hondata. Super beneficial for me as I one day want to put Hondata in my new to me V6 accord as well and originally had no sweet clue how to do it

Thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do u still mod 07 TL base ECU? The thought of repinning and soldering is a bit over whelming just to maintain cruise control. Which is a necessary luxury at this time

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everyone. I have a 06 Accord V6 6speed coupe and will be installing Hondata Flashpro soon. Wondering how many of you have had issues with the Acura ECU regarding emissions testing. I live in Colorado. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Guys I am producing canbus harness lmk if you need one

21 - 33 of 33 Posts