Accord V6 Forum banner

Exactly what you need to get Flashpro to work on the 6mt Accord 03-07 *Sticky Please*

35K views 38 replies 15 participants last post by  Jdmj30a5coupe 
#1 · (Edited)
Here is another thread made just for people who have no idea how flashpro work on the accord because the other thread sucks, and had no detail info on the front page. This will be a straight to the point and condense knowledge of what you need to buy and how to get setup.

Simples way to put it. NO IT WILL NOT WORK ON YOUR MT STOCK ECU.. But this is how you can get it work for your car.

Here is a buy list

1. CAN Adapter, 03-07 V6 Accord adapter. Usually found for 350 + shipping from XLR8, Heeltoeperformance, or other performance shops

2. Flashpro for the TL They are usually 695 new + shipping, or you can find them used on acurazine. There are probably a few hundreds of these units floating around, and most people don't sell them unless they are going back to stock or they totalled their car. Used usually go for 500-550 shipped depending if you get lucky and if you mind if the unit has bluetooth or not. **Atlas46 might be able to hook you up**

3. TL ECU 07-08 AT or MT doesn't matter The reason why you need these 07-08 ecu is because they are made by DENSO and they have the new protocol for the CAN-BUS system which is like DSL/Cable modem speed vs the accord K-line which is like 56k. You cannot brick the 07-08 ecu when reflashing because of the way it is setup. You will just need a laptop with the flashpro software installed to fix it. Uploading map with the flashpro takes about 2-3 mins. The accord will take hours and you can brick it if you interrupt the upload. So this is why hondata choose the TL 07-08 ECU.

ECU Part Number that will work are the following:

Donor Vehicle
RDA-A83 through RDA-A84
2007 Acura TL Base Auto*

RDB-A02 through RDB-A04
2007 Acura TL MT Type-S

RDB-A11 through RDB-A12
2008 Acura TL MT Type-S

4. You will need a laptop and install the flashpro manager software. Its ether found on the CD if you bought the flashpro unit new or on here. https://www.hondata.com/software

How to install the flashpro

Hondata CAN adapter harness installation: **all taken from Hondata manual
The CAN bus connector is located under the right hand side of the dash. The airbag needs to be removed to access this connector. Make sure the battery is disconnected and do not reconnect until the airbag is replaced. **Or you will die**

Connectors C3-G3 are common. Connectors C2-G3 are common.If connector row G is empty, insert the wires in the supplied green plug and insert the plug into the empty row making sure the red and connector white wires line up with those in rows C-F.

Run the other end of the adapter to the DLC. (to the left of driver’s left knee)
red and white wires that are coming from the green connectors.

Unmount the DLC connector by using a wide flathead screwdriver to press in the clips either side.

Use the supplied screwdriver to open the pin release. Slide in the screwdriver and lever upwards. There is a second pin release on the other side of the connector.

Remove the grey wire from position 14. Slide the screwdriver into the centre of the DLC connector between the catch and pin and lever off the plastic catch holding pin 14 into place. Then apply a gentle pulling pressure on the wire from behind the connector to remove the wire.

Insert the grey wire into position 1. It will only insert in one position. If you are unsure check the orientation of the pins in the same row. Your immobilizer system will still work and the car can still be driven normally. This programming wire is used only to make changes to the immobilizer system.

Insert the white wire into position 6 and Insert the red wire to position 14

What they should look like now after repinning stock vs modified

Close the pin releases and re-mount the DLC connector.

New ECU and Harness installation
Tools needed: Philips screwdriver, ratchet 10 mm socket and pry tool.
1. The TL and Accord ECU is located in the center forward section of the vehicle between the driver’s and passenger’s footwell.

2. Replace with the 07/08 TL ECU and adapter harness. The adapter harness A and E connectors must be reversed as shown in this picture.

Getting the ECU vinn and immobilizer reprogrammed **Sorry for the ****ty video quality. I did this on my Old phone. I will probably remake some of the video in the summer
For this part you either need to drive to honda with your stock ecu and then swap the harness and ecu in. Or you can find a locksmith or someone else that can do it. **I can if you can't find someone to do it for you for cheap, I also do the crank positioning relearn, and TB relearn while I am at it.

Here some video of me doing the ECU setup using my programmer.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUIfl_0zaDk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JkPPM5wgDc

Setting up the flashpro with your new ECU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gG-sPSrz-rI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTzw-ZnJDx8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06tOwGiUqlk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTtNIlqwHk4

MAJOR NOTE!!

Also if you are using a modified AT TL ECU 07-08 you will need to use flashpro to first lock to the ecu and then convert it to MT ECU first. Afterwards, you can get the vinn and immoblizer programmed. The reason for this is because when you go to acura/honda to do the ecu setup. It will ask for you to depress the clutch. Since the AT ecu does not have a clutch it will not complete the cycle, and the tech will say that it has failed or the ecu is damaged because it cannot complete the sequence. After you get the ECU programmed you can then use flashpro to unlock the ecu again and then relock it so that the vinn matches your car. Or you can leave it as is. I believe that the flashpro locks onto a binary bin instead of just the vinn number.

Tuning
The base map that comes with the flashpro is very basic. It is just enough for you to drive around town to get to your Tuner or to do an Etune (electronic tuning by using datalogs). Do not try to go WOT on this map because your car will just run like ****.

Also if you guys want to share some Maps you can uploaded here and password protect it. So whenever someone wants to borrow one. They need to ask for your permission first. But for people using other people maps. If your car blows up because you used other people map that your (guy downloading problem). Every car is different and everyone map is fine tuned to their specific car.

Please list the mods you have with the maps. I will upload mine, but I doubt anyone but myself is running an aquamist system on their N/A J30a5 and a swapped PNP TLS head

See less See more
#3 · (Edited)
#5 ·
everything is updated with pix. Most of the info and image were taken from hondata manual. So support hondata. We need more J-series running flashpro

#6 ·
My next goal is to make flashpro around 1000 bucks. This includes ECU, wiring harness, can-bus wiring, and flashpro. Hopefully, we can get more people to jump on it

It would be cheaper if flashpro didn't cost so much new. So I am going to see what I can do about the wiring harness, can-bus wiring, and ecu.

Reactions: 7.5GenV66MT
#7 ·
updated the major note that was never explained anywhere on hondata manual while using the AT ECU. Sometimes it does something weird and won't program correctly unless this step is taken

#8 ·
Maps have been deleted to protect tuning secrets per request

I will repost modified hondata base maps for different size injectors. So stock 270cc, tl/rl 310cc, and rdx 410cc.

They will all require etuning, Street tunig, or Etuning

#9 ·
Updated post #3 with basemap calibration for you to drive around to get to the dyno

#11 ·
Go straight to hondata and if you get new mods retune it to the mods. I can recommend someone to do the E-tuning for you.

I also have a complete kits (ecu, wiring harness, canbus, and flashpro unit) f/s for 1000 bucks. Just waiting to test a few things before I put it up for sale.

#39 ·
Go straight to hondata and if you get new mods retune it to the mods. I can recommend someone to do the E-tuning for you.

I also have a complete kits (ecu, wiring harness, canbus, and flashpro unit) f/s for 1000 bucks. Just waiting to test a few things before I put it up for sale.
Do you still have these kits I know the forum is like 8 years old but still

#12 ·
Thanks!

I had searched for the other parts and not found it in a few threads but after posting above I of course then did the right search criteria and found this thread: http://www.v6performance.net/forums...ussion/232201-3-7-manifold-tb-parts-list.html

All the manifold and throttle body parts for a 3.7 upgrade.

I found the 2008 Tl-S ECU for $440, looks like harness $350 and Flashpro $650 from the nearest Hondata dealer to me - so you'd be saving me money with that package deal. Which part number ECU is that? Manual mod for cruise control or is it off a TLS MT?

#14 ·
this is my first post on this forum. I bought my 04 6-6 accord july '15 and i'm super overwhelmed with all the info on this forum! I have a thousand questions but i'm going to start with this one. So, if i spend the $1500 to get the fully tunable hondata set-up for my 04 6-6 accord, hook everything up correctly, it will work seamlessly? Assuming I get a MT TL ECU the cruise control will still work and it will be programmable to my current key?

#15 ·
Short answer is yes. Or you can get a modded at 07-08 ecu and save a few hundred for tuning. Parts numbers are on the first post

#16 ·
ok, sweet. Is that a mechanical MOD for the AT ECU or a software MOD. I was reading on heel toe about it and it sounded like there was some re-soldering of tiny wires...doesn't sound something that a novice (i've done some soldering b4 it always scares me though) could do with easy success with the added possibility of burning up a few hundred bucks...Also, to get the most out of this mod I would assume injectors and cam shafts would be necessary? What kind of gains are possible with this mod? Is is it worth the $2500 I would spend getting Hondata set up, cams, injectors, Or should I just the save the $ and put it toward a j35A6 engine build? well, I guess I would still need the Hondata set up with the J35A6 anyway...

#17 ·
if you do camshaft then hondata is worth it, But do at least stage 2. I am turbocharging my car so flashpro is a must.

Just wondering are you getting my private messages?

#19 ·
I do know how to mod at ecu. I am currently running a modded at ecu on my 6 spd

#21 ·
Hi thisaznboi88 -

Can you please clarify the detailed steps for going back to stock ECU. I need to put in the stock ECU for emissions testing as I am not able to pass with the TL ECU. Then I will go back to the TL ECU until the next test.

I am planning to leave the end of the pins plugged into the OBD2 port and splice the wires with connectors. I have a hard time getting the pins in and out.

Here are the steps I have compiled

1) Unlock Flashpro from TL ECU
2) Remove Red CAN wire from #14 on the OBD2 port
3) Remove Gray wire from Pin #1 and insert into #14 on the OBD2 port

Question – Is it okay to leave the Red CAN wire disconnected
and the leave the White CAN wire in #6 and the CAN plugged in behind the airbag?

4) Unplug TL ECU & Adapter from harness
5) Plug-in stock ECU
6) Plug-in Fly100 and program the keys
7) No need to do anything with Flashpro

#22 ·
Replied back in red and in bold

1) Unlock Flashpro from TL ECU Correct, also double check it, so unplug it and replug it back and check on the laptop to make sure it is unregistered
2) Remove Red CAN wire from #14 on the OBD2 port Correct
3) Remove Gray wire from Pin #1 and insert into #14 on the OBD2 port Correct

Question – Is it okay to leave the Red CAN wire disconnected
and the leave the White CAN wire in #6 and the CAN plugged in behind the airbag? Correct, you can leave it in and it won't throw anything off

4) Unplug TL ECU & Adapter from harness Correct
5) Plug-in stock ECU Correct
6) Plug-in Fly100 and program the keys Correct
7) No need to do anything with Flashpro Correct, then drive the car around for a little bit to reset all the sensor, you can use the fly 100 to see if all the sensor are in the ready state

Reactions: 0VM66T
#23 ·
Hondata with automatic acura tl type s ecu

It seems like my mechanic found an automatic acura tl type s ecu to use for my accord instead of getting the base model manual version(bastard). My tuner couldnt properly tune the car unless the traction control was bypassed so the TCS light indicator is on, but car drives fine. If anyone had a similar situation with using the auto or manual ecu please post your personal experience.

#25 ·

Are you saying you used the manual or auto ecu. I currently have the 6spd with auto type s ecu.

#26 ·
Are you saying you used the manual or auto ecu. I currently have the 6spd with auto type s ecu.
I used an AUTO 07 base ECU. zero issues. also 0 issues on all the cars I programmed also

#27 ·

was there anything specific you did when it came to the traction control or did everything workout as planned while tuning. Another question I basically had an issue with another tuner and the tuner who did my **** right needed me to get the password word from the other tuner to tap into a certain part of the hondata program which i think was tuning around the Traction control issue in the hondata program( that wasnt going to happen). From what i remembered he was able to bypass around it but could that have been part of the problem.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.