Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

The following is a special V6performance pricing event for the XLR8 Stock Diameter and Unorthodox Racing Under Drive Crank Pulleys for the 03 to current model Accord V6.

XLR8 Crank Pulleys are lightweight aluminum pulleys manufactured for Excelerate Performance by Unorthodox Racing. Each pulley began as a UR part but was discontinued due to decreased demand. In order to still provide these parts for the Honda/Acura community we have worked with UR to have the pulleys manufactured exclusively for us. Each pulley is designed and manufactured here in the U.S. using the latest CAD software. We use only the finest U.S. produced materials available today. Our manufacturing processes follow strict quality control measures ensuring superior products that are attractive, durable, and most of all reliable. Our pulleys are held to .001” tolerances, usually reserved for aircraft, medical, military and space manufacturing programs. All pulleys are CNC machined and 0 gram balanced and carry a full warranty from Unorthodox Racing.

Unorthodox Under Drive Crank Pulleys feature:
Real HP & torque gains across entire RPM range
One of the highest HP/Torque per dollar gains on the market
The broadest range of applications available
Over 8 years of use in “real world” applications from street to strip to rally to road course
Better than OEM belt fitment & alignment
Accessory pulleys available seperately for many applications
CAD designed & CNC’d from 6061 Aluminum billet

Pricing will be as follows:

XLR8 Stock Diameter Crank Pulley (020611412):

10 Orders: $184 plus shipping
20 Orders: $170 plus shipping

Unorthodox Racing Under Drive Crank Pulley (020611402):

10 Orders: $179.40 plus shipping
20 Orders: $165.75 plus shipping

Lets start a list:

I'll let the list accumulate for two weeks. Once two weeks is up we will generate a promo code for the website based on how many people are on the list.

·
SSM_AV6-6
1,050 Posts
x2. You can get these brand new w/belt for $205 shipped all day long on Ebay. Might consider if I can sell my old car and we get a bunch of people in the group buy.

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
Your wrong about the belt.

Bump for josh, and for one of the best mod for tr money

·
Registered
461 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so just install the pulley and use a normal belt and change the belt on every tune up like normal?
You can use your stock belt but Unorthodox recommends getting a new belt. Part# Gates K060840. They recommend changing the belt every 2 years.

If there's anyway you can get me one for a 4cyl I'm in
We only have a pulley set available, not the crank pulley individually.

I will do a group buy for those as well if people are interested. 1% off $332.50 plus shipping for each person that purchases. 7 people = 7%. Maximum being 15% off.

·
SSM_AV6-6
1,050 Posts
This was a great mod on my old Accord. Felt like I just dropped off three passengers :) And for those like me who don't have the patience to deal with the cocksucker pulley bolt, it only costs 30-50 to have a shop put it on for you :)

·
✔ Verified Member
5,836 Posts
Recommended vs. actually having to change the belt every two years are completey different aspects. That's why inspecting the belt comes in to play....

·
SSM_AV6-6
1,050 Posts
Crank pulley. The HP gain should be 5-7 at the wheels; the function is to drastically reduce the rotating weight of the engine, by replacing the very heavy crank pulley with a very light one. In other words, the same physical concept as reducing the weight of your drive wheels, or using a lightweight flywheel. And it's not top end power, the gain is independent of engine speed, from 500 to 7000 RPMs. This is one of the cheapest and easiest (if you have a nice impact to get the crank bolt off) mods you can possibly do to our cars, to significantly improve power. It's essentially the same concept as people deleting power steering in track cars, frees up some horsepower that would otherwise be spent turning the pulley.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts