Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I noticed there were very very few aftermarket parts out for the 2013 Accord and even fewer for the V6 coupe. This was kind of annoying because I was really hoping to have a bolt-on cat-back system installed on this car by now.

I decided to take matters into my own hands and contact my buddy Richy over at RV6 Performance to see if maybe he was interested in developing something. As most of you probably don't know, my old 7th gen was the vehicle Richy prototyped his first J-pipes on, so that allows me to annoy him from time to time. :D

How many V6 coupe owners are there out there? Would you be interested in a full cat back system? Axle-back? True-duals?

RV6 Performance | Accord | 7th Gen (03-07)

·
Carpe Diem
3,957 Posts
Richie's true duals for the TL-S are beautiful. I'd love to see/hear them on the '13 Accord. Although I think a cat-back system would probably sell better.

·
frumaroll
2,048 Posts
I don't care too much about true duals. But would love a 3" catback for my 8th gen. I'm forced to do a custom route

·
Registered
642 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm leaning toward a conventional cat-back system as well. The TL true-dual system is totally sick but I want something that's going to be super quiet. I'll continue bothering him about it but I know he's super busy at the moment.

·
V6P Groupbuy Approved
2,547 Posts
Richie's true duals for the TL-S are beautiful. I'd love to see/hear them on the '13 Accord. Although I think a cat-back system would probably sell better.
I would love to build a TD system for the accord. However at $1600-1800 for the catback only it isn't going to sell.

Looking to get a set of HFPC's and maybe a J-pipe when it comes out....all on a stock Touring V6. HB
I just saw your other post. The Jpipe is in the works we are aiming for around Christmas.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Accord Friends: I have a 2014 Beautiful Alabaster Silver Coupe, V6, AT. I have installed a Takeda retain intake and a Takeda mid-pipe and cat back with mufflers. Fairly loud and mean! Yesterday, Rich at RV6 sent me a j-pipe for my 9th Gen. This is truly a work of art, with perfect fit and finish. No issues at all. I work slow, and it took about 3 hours from start to finish. Rich at RV6 is really a great guy, with the best service and sales.

Please contact me off-line for more pictures or if you have any questions about the install.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Hey guys, I have the Takeda exhaust for the sport sedan for sale. Only been on for a month and is beautiful. Link if anyone's interested. I'll be throwing it up for sale along with an intake and rv6 pcd.

·
Registered
17 Posts
For anyone interested i bought the magnaflow cat back for my 2015 coupe.I really like the looks and the sound.The only thing is when the 3 cylinders cut out with vcm it sounds funny,like a miss almost.But i have read most aftermarket systems do this.Honda engineered the stock exhaust NOT to.But at idle and when not in vcm mode it sounds great.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts