Accord V6 Forum banner

Which Exhaust System Do All Of You Prefer?

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Currently Lifted :(
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi
I've been looking around this forum for quite some time now looking for a good catback exhaust system for my Accord, What i would love is to see various vids of a lot of different popular exhausts,and yes i do know there is a sticky for that but i'm unable to download from the link of all those vids as are many other ppl who keep complaining about the link not working.

So to get down to business I am seriously considering the Tanabe Medalion Touring, Apexi WS2, Comptech. But I have eliminated the Borla(Too quiet for my taste), Magnaflow(Too quiet for my taste), GReddy Evo 2(Cans are too ricey for my taste), and i am also open to any other suggestions including custom applications.
Also I would like to retain a close to oem look with the cans.
Thanks for for any help or opinion anybody can offer,

PS-I have looked through previous threads and any relevent ones are very dated and the sticky, There is no way i can find to Download those vids the whole thread is about.(So pleeeeeeeeez don't delete this thread, I am desperate for some insight on an exhaust system for my baby!)

·
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was wondering if you could possibly upload some vids of some revs and a drive off so I can adequately compare this to others, Because I am having a hard time finding vids of a AV6 with the Tanabe Medalion Touring exhaust.:D

·
Registered
879 Posts
magnaflows are quieter than apexi ws2? i remember having the ws2 on a diff car and the magnaflows def seem louder.

·
J33 w/TL LSD 6 Speed
1,586 Posts
I have the Greddy EVO II, they are crisp and have a nice tone IMO, i'd get them, though they are among the most expensive exhausts listed, well worth it IMO.

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
tanabe medallion tourings are a little more expensive than the evo II. but I'll have mine for sale soon. if you are willing to wait a month. I'm doing a custom quad tip exhaust when i get my swap in.

sorry for poor quality vid. you asked for it so when i warmed up the car before leaving the shop i decided to try record something with the phone. the vid does not do justice, i have no cats, straight pipe with a resonator.. underload it sounds 10x better.. and i'm sure it sounds better without a blower.

http://s49.photobucket.com/albums/f292/hookingfish/?action=view&current=08-04-08_2240.flv

·
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
magnaflows are quieter than apexi ws2? i remember having the ws2 on a diff car and the magnaflows def seem louder.
Well its not that they a whole lot quieter, I'm just not very fond of the sound of the apexi WS2. Maybe this is just one bad vid, but its the one that made me decide not to get the apexi WS2

http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f375/1greek4u/?action=view&current=MOV00518.flv

Its sounds too raspy and also it sounds like the sound cuts out after the guy lets off the gas pedal in between revs.

·
Registered
642 Posts
Well its not that they a whole lot quieter, I'm just not very fond of the sound of the apexi WS2. Maybe this is just one bad vid, but its the one that made me decide not to get the apexi WS2

http://s51.photobucket.com/albums/f375/1greek4u/?action=view&current=MOV00518.flv

Its sounds too raspy and also it sounds like the sound cuts out after the guy lets off the gas pedal in between revs.
I didn't want to post that vid because it doesnt sound like that at all. I need to take a video with a camcorder.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
^^ Do ittt!!

It is so difficult to hear what an exhaust sounds like in a video. Some exhausts sound raspy in a sound clip when they are not in person. The only way to really know what it will sound like is if heard in person. I can totally see where 1greek4u is coming from by not wanting to post that vid because he said it sounds nothing like that. Except for the little rasp picked up by the camera, I think it sounds great, nice and deep. And I think that may be one of the nicest looking exhausts also.

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
^^ Do ittt!!

It is so difficult to hear what an exhaust sounds like in a video. Some exhausts sound raspy in a sound clip when they are not in person. The only way to really know what it will sound like is if heard in person. I can totally see where 1greek4u is coming from by not wanting to post that vid because he said it sounds nothing like that. Except for the little rasp picked up by the camera, I think it sounds great, nice and deep. And I think that may be one of the nicest looking exhausts also.

i agree. depends where you position your camara too. can't even hear my exhaust with the camera on the ground. my car is quiet. =P

·
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
^^ Do ittt!!

Yea I did see that he wrote that on the post where i got that vid from, but at first I didn't think that there could have been that big of a difference in the vid from the real, But I do agree that it is one of the nicest looking exhaust systems available for our cars just because it looks more stock rather than riced out.LOL

·
Registered
642 Posts
^^ Do ittt!!

My exhaust makes a ticking/rattling noise in the video. I have no idea why the camera would record something like that. Oh well, I got this system because it didn't seem like much of anyone on the forums had it so I went out on a limb and bought it; and it sounds spectacular. :D

I think the most accurate exhaust videos are the ones where you get someone to record while you're accelerating away or roaring past. I'm going to call up richy and see if he wants to shoot some videos. Maybe he'll have a few precat deletes laying around also :)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts