Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I tried searching but couldn't get a definite answer. I am thinking about getting custom exhaust for my car, but the thing is that I drive on the highway a lot. So most days I'm cruising at speeds between 65-75 mph. So for the people that have custom exhaust do you even hear your system at this speed? Is there a loud droning noise? If no then what system do you have. I was thinking about either getting the borla system or the GReddy SP Cat-Back System. Comments appreciated. Thank you.

P.S. I've seen/heard the video for the exhaust but I can't find out with someone cruising at highway speed and I have an 03 AV6

·
- Leo
992 Posts
Thats resonance. You have a few choices, 1) get rid of the exhaust or 2) add a resonator. Keep in mind though, sometimes even a resonator wont help. I have a Magnaflow catback and i love it, no droning at all at any speed.

·
Honda Rookie
1,042 Posts
I've got the Borla system, and with the way it came from the factory, you couldn't hear it at all inside the car, ever. Outside, just a little bit. I removed the resonator and pre-muffler and it resonates much nicer and is noticeable in the car, but not an annoying notice.

·
I feel da need 4 6-speeds
2,313 Posts
I have the Comptech catbacks on my car and I love it! I hear a low, deep hum inside the car at 65-75 mph. Not annoying at all.

If you're going the custom route, make sure you discuss your concerns with the muffler shop so that they can give you options.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts