Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys this is my first thread, but not my first time being here. Im new to accords and trying to learn.

I hope this is a good first post. It is my 06 carbon bronze pearl sedan 6-6 with the RV6 j pipe, magnaflow cat back and the V2 intake. I think it sounds great! no drone like some people talk about... and it is smooth and deep. Really throaty. I would do it again in a heartbeat. what do yall think? How bad do you think it would sound if I added the pre cat delets? What about the high flow cats? would it be worth it with the high flows? still a nice gain you think? Im worry it would ruin the sound...

This was just my first quick video... I could do more.

·
SFL AV6
1,024 Posts
Thank you for the narration good sir. I can agree and say the exaggeration of drone with pcd is also just a myth from my experience. I'm similar to you in setup just the other way around, I have pcd and No jpipe. Lol on the camera not wanting to stand up and "Just Listen!" instead

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I think its 2.5" at first then splits to 2.25 for duals in the back. In my opinion its more than enough for a 3.0 V6...

·
03 AV6 Coupe
1,628 Posts
Very nice. I have the Magnaflow Cat-back with RV6 V3 Jpipe as well but with Injen CAI. Sounds very similar. I also have no drone.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Very nice. I have the Magnaflow Cat-back with RV6 V3 Jpipe as well but with Injen CAI. Sounds very similar. I also have no drone.
Yeah I was worried about it, because I had read some stuff on it... but there is nothing! maybe the tiniest little bit of sound... I dont know if those people were used to riding in hybrids or what?! real drone is bad... I've heard it in diesel trucks with loud exhuast or in little 4 cylinders... its nothing like that. just quiet. then smooth and deep when you lay into her.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Y is it that some ppl say that it drones bad, n then others say that its very little to none at all?
I really have no idea. Granted, I havent riden in any other accords that have the magnaflow, but mine is so smooth and deep and quiet. Not obnoxious at all. You can ride windows up radio off on the intersate with maybe the smallest sound. You can talk completely normal too. Only when you give her some gas is there a nice sound.

·
Registered
69 Posts
do you think having this setup on an auto would help eliminate the droning some people tend have? I would love to have the gains from this setup but nothing too loud except when you punch it.

·
03 AV6 Coupe
1,628 Posts
do you think having this setup on an auto would help eliminate the droning some people tend have? I would love to have the gains from this setup but nothing too loud except when you punch it.
Injen Intake, Magnaflow cat-back and RV6 v3 jpipe. No drone and I am a auto.

·
Registered
69 Posts
i noticed there are 2 types of magnaflow catbacks....15824 or 16686 both have round cylinder mufflers while the 15800 are the big oval mufflers with no tips, and it looks like bowtie has them in this vid. Maybe the oval mufflers eliminate drone? Anybody with either magnaflow catback system that can give input on this along with which model # they have?

·
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T
1,786 Posts
i noticed there are 2 types of magnaflow catbacks....15824 or 16686 both have round cylinder mufflers while the 15800 are the big oval mufflers with no tips, and it looks like bowtie has them in this vid. Maybe the oval mufflers eliminate drone? Anybody with either magnaflow catback system that can give input on this along with which model # they have?
you could spend your time searching instead of asking and posting. post some more?

·
Registered
69 Posts
ok im a noobasaur who just totaled my mazda and got an 03 accord coupe. i used forums on my last car and i will continue on this one. I spend most of my time searching, but when Ive only had the car for a week and wanted to know a specific qustion i asked. YOU dont have to answer. Most people dont specify what model # magnaflow cbe they have. as i stated above i made the observation when looking for catbacks online i noticed 3 different model numbers and 2 physical differences between the 2. in order for me to make an educated decision on which cat back to buy, i asked for some input. Hey maybe the shape of the mufflers is the reason why people are hot/cold on the magnaflows "droning."

·
Registered
969 Posts
I have a similar set up, but I am running the Smalser jpipe(pcd and jpipe with hfc) with a custom magnaflow cat back. I have sound clips up posted by matt04v6ex, in his thread about his exhaust. Check it out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 28 Posts