Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Im looking into an exhaust system, specifically the Greddy for my accord 06. Ive talked to a few people, and have heard that rather than gettin an 800+ dollar system, i can get similiar piping and simply get mufflers with the piping. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Many different options. If you don't care about having SS and mandrel bends you could go custom real cheap and have the whole system for about $300 - $350. Thats what I did, bought the magnaflow mufflers #14851 for $100 each and got midas to do the piping and install for around $150. Cost me $360 after tax. Sounds amazing and no one is the wiser. Add Richies J-pipe and Test pipe and you'll have one sweet exhaust system.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
Many different options. If you don't care about having SS and mandrel bends you could go custom real cheap and have the whole system for about $300 - $350. Thats what I did, bought the magnaflow mufflers #14851 for $100 each and got midas to do the piping and install for around $150. Cost me $360 after tax. Sounds amazing and no one is the wiser. Add Richies J-pipe and Test pipe and you'll have one sweet exhaust system.

That is the plan...I currently have Comptech mufflers and would like to do the piping but I dont know the sizes and would like to see videos

·
Registered
49 Posts
Um I can take some pictures on Monday if you'd like. My car is in storage till April 20th so I can't start it till then. Most people do 2.5" Main pipe, then custom Y pipe then 2.25" to the mufflers. This seems to work well. Also depends on the size of the muffler piping. The Magnaflows are 2.25" but I don't know what size your Comptech's are. Also Richies J-pipe is 2.25" to 2.5" so then everything seems to be balanced.

·
Registered
49 Posts
oh right the pictures... I took some with my cell phone but I don't think it will do it justice. I gotta go there tomorrow to fix a tire but I doubt I'll be able to bring my dad's sweet ass camera. The car is out of its hiding spot on Friday so I can take all the pictures then if people are still interested.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have been thinking of doing this exact setup. The original quote I got for the install with custom piping from the cat back was $400, or $150 just to mount the mufflers. Do you still have the pre muffler and the resonater? I am just curious as to what sound your getting, I want mine to be noticable but not overbearing. Pictures or a sound clip would be much appreciated.

·
Registered
49 Posts
wow those prices seem high to me. I cut out the resonator and pre-muffler. Sound isn't to bad, its not overbaring though. Once I got Richies J and test pipe the sound got alittle better. Nice low growl with no buzz. I keep meaning to post pics and sound clips. I will be posting it in the exhaust sound section and post a link.

·
Envious of J35's
212 Posts
hey if i go too big, say 2.5, wont i lose torque?
I have 2.25 and Magnaflow 14851's and did lose torque...I also have CAI. I did 2.25 from the cat back and removed all the resonators. Its not a lot of torque but you can definately notice it with the auto tranny

·
Registered
49 Posts
really, lost torque? I didn't feel I lost alot. I also have the V2 CAI and when I got the exhaust done a year ago I didn't think I lost anything. if anything I thought I gained a couple HP. I don't know this for sure since the butt dyno isn't very reliable. But I did 2.5" to the Y pipe then 2.25" which might make a difference? I know I gained torque with richies J and test pipe. I can feel that for sure!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts