Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think we should make a thread (or add to the exhaust thread) with videos/sound clips of each exhaust with the j-pipe and/or test pipe. I know a lot of people have bought them and it would really help in the search for an exhaust.

I thought a new thread would get more responses than posting in the exhaust comparison thread but if mods feel the need to move this, so be it!

I've heard the Greddy Evo2 with j-pipe and test pipe on youtube and it sounds REALLY aggressive, very nice tone. I'd like to see if anyone has them with the Borla, Magnaflow, and Comptech. I personally think the Comptech and Evo2 sound the best, with my hat off to Comptech. Thanks in advance!

·
Tee-Ooh-Double-Dee
2,701 Posts
Here's my videos. I have Richie's J-Pipe and Test Pipe with a custom bent exhaust with CL-S mufflers.

Driving

Cold Start

Revving

From Inside

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Nice! Thanks Accordian and V6 6speed. I've heard both and they both sound great!

V6 6 Speed you're I'm on Long Island, not too far from Staten Island. I'd love to hear it in person sometime!

·
Registered
500 Posts
Sweet!! I bet it must sound even better while under load.
It's pretty nuts... the j-pipe almost looks like it came with the EVO2 because the piping looks almost identical.
Soon I will have a vid of me racing a 07 6 speed g35 sedan... you'll definitely get to hear it then :D

·
Registered
500 Posts
Do you have an intake? or is it just all exhaust mods?

-JoE
intake and exhaust... funny thing is that it's that cruddy weapon R intake. it still sounds nice I think. there's an air leak somewhere in it so when I accelerate it sounds like a little turbo spooling haha

·
Registered
500 Posts
Nice! Thanks Accordian and V6 6speed. I've heard both and they both sound great!

V6 6 Speed you're I'm on Long Island, not too far from Staten Island. I'd love to hear it in person sometime!
yea man we gotta meet up sometime! comptechv6 also commented on one of my prior posts about doing a photoshoot... it would be cool to have a minimeet sometime

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yea man we gotta meet up sometime! comptechv6 also commented on one of my prior posts about doing a photoshoot... it would be cool to have a minimeet sometime
Yea it would be cool, I'm all for it.
If you dont mind a 4cyl in there id like to get in on that. Im pretty sure i can get a few more 7th gens.
All cylinders are welcome! :cool:

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I've heard the Borla is very quiet. Even with both the j-pipe and test pipe I don't think you have to worry ;)

And yes, please get that vid up ASAP! Would you be able to do a rev and a short acceleration clip too?

·
Registered
113 Posts
I've heard the Borla is very quiet. Even with both the j-pipe and test pipe I don't think you have to worry ;)

And yes, please get that vid up ASAP! Would you be able to do a rev and a short acceleration clip too?
Hmmm.. very quiet? I'm all for being loud, but not too loud, but then then I don't want to be too quiet! :). Am i being too picky? haha. Get that video up dammit!

-JoE

·
Honda Rookie
1,042 Posts
I take it you guys all have that production J pipe that's going in the other thread? I've been away for awhile and I'm just getting back into the forums/modding scene.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I take it you guys all have that production J pipe that's going in the other thread? I've been away for awhile and I'm just getting back into the forums/modding scene.
I don't have it yet, but it should be here within the next 2 weeks. The reason I made this thread was because I heard the Greddy Evo2 with J-pipe/test pipe and without, and the difference was significant.
Hmmm.. very quiet? I'm all for being loud, but not too loud, but then then I don't want to be too quiet! :). Am i being too picky? haha. Get that video up dammit!

-JoE
From what I've heard it sounds great but is a little quiet. I've read that it almost fades to stock above 4000 RPM. However, with the J-pipe/test pipe it should be a little louder and deeper.

·
SSM_AV6-6
1,050 Posts
From what I've heard it sounds great but is a little quiet. I've read that it almost fades to stock above 4000 RPM. However, with the J-pipe/test pipe it should be a little louder and deeper.
The one thing I noticed about my Magnaflow exhaust is that it also gets quieter at higher rpms. Not that it's a bad thing though. I'd rather have a beastly sound at low-mid rpms and decent power increase than an obnoxiously loud exhaust. Although I'm sure the sound will change when I get the J-pipe/test pipe like you said :D

Honestly, sometimes I think I have an extra two cylinders under the hood :cool:

1 - 20 of 39 Posts