Accord V6 Forum banner

Expected Gains from AFC Neo on 7G V6AT

2K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Richie V6 
#1 ·
I am planning, as the final piece to my cars puzzle, to add the APEX'i AFC Neo using a Boomslang PnP harness. Anyone with experience with this or another APEX'I unit feel free to chime in. I Currently have the GReddy Evo II exhaust, Ingen CAI, Unorthodox Racing UR Pulley run on 93 Octane, and have an Optima Battery. Question I'm asking is with these mods, how much,w ith a professional tune, can I expect to gain on a dyno to the wheels. I have heard and been told near 10 WHP but that does seem a slight bit high. Anyone have dyno numbers? I am trying to Justify dropping $550 for the setup and then additional $$ for the tuning. Please chime in, thanks!:cool:

#8 ·
one guy on this site has a 7th gen AV6 auto with I/E/P/DP and VAFC NEO........he put down 237whp and 200tq after tuning. He was 227whp and 190wtq before tuning.

#9 ·
Now, one thing to keep in mind gents, our ECUs are way smart and our primary O2 sensors are wideband, the ECU will over time detune the changes made by VFACs, NEOs, EM, so althought your dyno right after tuning may have said one thing, after a couple weeks of driving the ECU will adjust it's long term trims to compensate for the changes the piggy back is making.

#13 ·
Eaither retune until you totally piss off the ECU by going outside it's ability to adjust or- reset the ECU every so often back to factory defaults and zero the trims. The trims will start to learn immediatly but will take time to detune everything.

This is why I am looking the the AEM FI/C, it does something no -other piggy back I have seen does, it intercepts both WB O2 sensors and lies to the ECU as far as actual AFR so the stock ECU does not try to trim it out.

#14 ·
yea paul (nva-av6) is correct about this..he told me first hand when i dropped my race car off by his house a few weeks ago...(03 ex v6 sedan, haha race car lmao) i called my tuner up here in jersey to verify it and he told me he has heard about that problem a lot...he said the ecu will definately accept the tune..but after time its going to reset itself...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.