Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Explain the diff btw D2S/D2R/ regular 9006 fitting

i see the websites selling kits and i'm not too sure whats the true diff or similarities.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
d2s bulbs are designed for oem hid projectors and d2r is designed fro oem hid reflectors. cars like bmw use d2s bulbs in their projectors and is300 use d2r in their reflectors. What you see on the net is d2s bulbs rebased so that they can fit into 9006 housings, there are no 9006 hid bulbs.

·
keepin' it OG
10,188 Posts
Tignws said:
d2s bulbs are designed for oem hid projectors and d2r is designed fro oem hid reflectors. cars like bmw use d2s bulbs in their projectors and is300 use d2r in their reflectors. What you see on the net is d2s bulbs rebased so that they can fit into 9006 housings, there are no 9006 hid bulbs.
is it possible to use the d2s rebased bulbs and put them into a d2s projector? i got my projectors, but one of them broke and i wanted to see if they work before i bought a new pair of HID bulbs...

·
Registered
365 Posts
d2s rebased you can't go back. Rebased means that they grinded it down and fit it to 9006 socket. d2s and d2s(modified to fit a 9006 socket) won't fit. It's pretty cheap to buy a pair of 4300k on ebay for like 50 bucks for a pair philips too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts