Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so I know eyelids are a super simple and cheap modification, and I'm poor at the moment, so that's why I was interested in purchasing some. :) so if I am going to purchase, are the urethane ones the best? also, could I just use gloss black engine paint to paint them? cause my car is black. and do they block light output? it seems like they would. and would I wanna paint them prior to putting them on?

·
keepin' it OG
10,188 Posts
i always thought they come in abs plastic. but you can use the black gloss engine paint. its not gonna be noticeable since its small. you dont need to cut ne thing.paint prior to installing them. use 3m heavy duty double stick tape.

·
Ricky
1,402 Posts
Since your car is black, just get the carbon ones, that way you wont need to worry about painting. You'll be able to see just fine .

·
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
oooo problem is I don't like carbon fiber all that much. I like it as contrast on lighter cars, but you'd be able to see it's carbon fiber when you're standing close to it. I'd rather just paint it. thanks for the idea though. do you guys like your eyelids?? and I thought there were urethane, abs, and vinyl ones?

·
t|23v0|2 n00b t00n3|2
3,572 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
can someone please post pictures of eyelids on the blackhoused tycs just for reference??? also, how do these not block light output??

·
Banned
9 Posts
i love my eyelids, mines are abs and theyre perfectly fine, not really any need to get urethane. just make sure you get some strong double sided tape. unless it already comes with some.

isnt my car but here:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts