Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question, does the 7th gen have a factory amp under the back seat or near the car jack (ala Acura CL)? or is the amp built-in the head unit?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Yeah, I don't think there is an external amp either. The head unit just has a little higher peak output. Its likely nothing to brag about either. Peak power ratings are pretty much useless, I prefer root mean square/continuous ratings to determine the capability of an amplifier. For some reason, car stereo equipment is the worst for misleading specifications, IMO.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the info guys... was hoping to attach my remote-wire from the amp to the factory amp (if there actually was one)...

thx again.

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
The remote power wire for an aftermarket amp hookup has been discussed here several times, see if a search will uncover that info.

Two common places to tap for remote power: 12v cig lighter (in center console) and A/C fuse (in-cabin fuse slot #30, I believe).

·
6MT
1,195 Posts
i used to have a auto and i swapped to a manual, thats a 120 -> 180 watt experience and i must say, the 6MT sounds much better

highs are more crisp and i can hurt my ears if i blasted it loud enough w/ treble maxed out

·
Registered
630 Posts
I ran my remote wire to the fuse for the passenger window. It works as a custom bass switch,
lock ur windows for no bass- killing the power to the wire
unlock it for the bass to kick on-giving the wire power

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
03ondubs said:
I ran my remote wire to the fuse for the passenger window. It works as a custom bass switch,
LOL, great idea =)

·
Registered
445 Posts
03ondubs said:
This is how mine is and I love it... great idea. Whenever I'm sitting in the car, I'll kill the amp. Is there a way to turn up the master volume on the stereo, and I don't mean the volume knob master volume :D

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
03ondubs said:
A friend of my was testing the fuses for power and he attached the remote-power cable to one of them. I wasn't sure which one. So for about a week, I was driving around, and then I wanted to play a joke on my friend and disable the back windows and what do you know...the amp turned off :)

Great tip.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts