Accord V6 Forum banner

Factory NAVI or Pioneer AVIC-N2

  • Factory NAVI, factory installed

    Votes: 24 68.6%
  • Pioneer AVIC-N2

    Votes: 11 31.4%
  • No nav at all

    Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which one do you guys think is a better choice? Buying the stock NAVI off the lot with ur car, or using the metra kit, losing dual zone cc and getting the Pioneer AVIC-N2? My friend just got one and i was playing around with it . . . wow its crazy.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
If it comes stock, the factory navi is better, but if you're going to get one after, I would go with the Pioneer, that thing is loaded, you can play dvd's on top of navi...
 

·
I love my Accord
Joined
·
149 Posts
Is Pioneer your only option? I would get the eclipse AVN-5500 or 6600.
Me personally is getting the 5500 whenever I'm done with my out of town assignment.

And to answer your question, I agree with DaRegulator.
 

·
I love my Accord
Joined
·
149 Posts
DaRegulator said:
hmm..are those eclipse's in-dash? Do you know how much that runs w/ install?
The eclipse's are double din screens.
I was quoted $2200 for the 5500, including the unit, ipod adapter, steering wheel control adapter, remote control, rear-view camera, sirius tuner and installation.
I think that's a hell of a deal since the 5500 itself retails at $1700.
 

·
6MT
Joined
·
1,195 Posts
heres the thing, if u were gonna buy ur car brand new, and u were to choose factory navi vs aftermarket, i'd go for factory for the clean look. But since u already have the car and u wanna add the navi to it, i'd jus go aftermarket. Installin the factory navi is just kinda a weird feelin cuz they gonna take ur car apart, its like a massive surgery
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
474 Posts
Not only is the factory navi clear looking, it has the following advantages speaking from experience:

1. Theft resistance
2. voice activated radio/cd/xm/etc and voice activated climate control too!
3. bigger wider screen than most aftermarket units
4. perfect viewing angle versus aftermarket units
5. high quality matching plastics, not textured Metra plastic mixed with factory smooth plastic above or below
6. no loss of dual zone climate control
7. no motorized hinges or screen pivots to break/repair
8. 3yr/36k mi warranty from factory
9. trip computer/fuel mileage monitoring in realtime with horizontal bar graphs, much better than simple LCD readouts on factory readouts such as Toyota's system.
10. moves climate control, radio function, time above upper vents on upper dash for "HUD" type setup
11. Excellent FM reception
12. steering wheel and voice control of radio/ipod/etc
13. dealer was desperate to push a navi, so I got a great deal on the car!
14. free installation with harness, no hacking of wires or adapting things.
15. for under $500 you can get a rearview camera, ipod input adapter, line input, xm radio standard (free) and $6/mth XM promo

Need I say more :D, I actually considered aftermarket, but the main reason is theft prevention.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Fuggedaboutid said:
Not only is the factory navi clear looking, it has the following advantages speaking from experience:

1. Theft resistance
2. voice activated radio/cd/xm/etc and voice activated climate control too!
3. bigger wider screen than most aftermarket units
4. perfect viewing angle versus aftermarket units
5. high quality matching plastics, not textured Metra plastic mixed with factory smooth plastic above or below
6. no loss of dual zone climate control
7. no motorized hinges or screen pivots to break/repair
8. 3yr/36k mi warranty from factory
9. trip computer/fuel mileage monitoring in realtime with horizontal bar graphs, much better than simple LCD readouts on factory readouts such as Toyota's system.
10. moves climate control, radio function, time above upper vents on upper dash for "HUD" type setup
11. Excellent FM reception
12. steering wheel and voice control of radio/ipod/etc
13. dealer was desperate to push a navi, so I got a great deal on the car!
14. free installation with harness, no hacking of wires or adapting things.
15. for under $500 you can get a rearview camera, ipod input adapter, line input, xm radio standard (free) and $6/mth XM promo

Need I say more :D, I actually considered aftermarket, but the main reason is theft prevention.
Did yours come stock? I don't know if the DX or LX would have the same features... the stock on is very nice though, but if others would be adding these features, I don't think we would be able to take advantage of all those features if it did come stock...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
Im debating and saving up to get my factory one, here in nashville, i was quoted 1895 installed from crest honda...its high, but id rather have that and know its made for my car. I read off the honda website, i think, a while back that there were sensors that are monitored while driving and it will take note of swerving and such if you were to fall asleep, and it alerts an alarm to wake you.......is this true?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
394 Posts
Sedan~MAn said:
Im debating and saving up to get my factory one, here in nashville, i was quoted 1895 installed from crest honda...its high, but id rather have that and know its made for my car. I read off the honda website, i think, a while back that there were sensors that are monitored while driving and it will take note of swerving and such if you were to fall asleep, and it alerts an alarm to wake you.......is this true?
I haven't heard of that, my sis use to have an 03 Accord sedan w/ navi and she's not the best of drivers, sometimes swerving off the road a bit but I didn't hear any alarms or anything...

But 1895 installed? That's not totally bad at all, because it would be in-dash so you don't have to worry about the Pioneer hindges breaking or anything like that.. you wouldn't be able to play dvd's to entertain your guests, but atleast the navi system will talk to you...lol...

I'll go to my local honda dealer and see how much they are willing to install it to compare your price... I'll probably update you on Tuesday, thats when I'll have time to go up there...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,670 Posts
Sedan~MAn said:
I read off the honda website, i think, a while back that there were sensors that are monitored while driving and it will take note of swerving and such if you were to fall asleep, and it alerts an alarm to wake you.......is this true?

that's so not true.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
498 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I wish trade-in didnt have to suck, and i wish that the 06 had the HFP kit with the drop, but unfortunately it doesnt. . . I guess I could do the NAVI conversion but there are just so many wires and connections that it looks like it could get confusing really quickly. Not to mention the warranty will be slaughtered. I soooo regret not getting NAVI.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
DaRegulator said:
Did yours come stock? I don't know if the DX or LX would have the same features... the stock on is very nice though, but if others would be adding these features, I don't think we would be able to take advantage of all those features if it did come stock...
What rearview camera?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
216 Posts
I just went to the honda dealership near me and the customer service guy quoted me 3-5k! How you got quoted 1850 is amazing! I was talking to the guy and he said that its not even worth it and that i should just go with the alpine unit. :/
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11 Posts
neonecko said:
I just went to the honda dealership near me and the customer service guy quoted me 3-5k! How you got quoted 1850 is amazing! I was talking to the guy and he said that its not even worth it and that i should just go with the alpine unit. :/
yah, thats why i didnt get it to begin with, they talked me into getting a aftermarket one, "its nicer" they didnt mention the fact that their isnt anything that really fits nicely in the slot. I called them, told them what i wanted and they said 1895 installed.....if tis 3-5 ill stop saving up and go get it done asap, b/c thats outrageous....you would think they could only charge you what they cost on the window of a new one....got to love car dealers, always trying to take your money.....thanks for the quote
 
1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Top