Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last month when we had the Dyno Meet up in Roseville, I went with a few fellow Southbay V6P members through a toll booth (Jason, Tony, and I think Spec7??? I forgot your name sorry :(). I stopped at the booth and paid $3.00 to the toll collector ($1 bill + 8 quarters). The guy dropped a few coins and didn't say anything. That was that.


Today I get a letter in the mail saying i didn't pay the toll. I just wrote the letter saying that I didn't but before I send it I wanted to ask what else I should do to contest this. I've heard a lot on radio about how these guys screw things up. Also, wanted to check if Tony and the other accord behind remember seeing me put money in that guys hand. It was 4 cars that day including mine (2nd). F*** i'm pissed I'm caught in this loop.

Thanks for all your help guys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I forgot to add, I do not remember at all if it was a FasTrack lane or not, but I also don't remember seeing any signs signifying this. Which leads me to ask if any of the guys traveling also got this violation in the mail?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,705 Posts
thats weird. i got a fastrak violation before, but thats only because the booth didnt register my fastrak while i drove through or something
 

·
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon
Joined
·
2,204 Posts
Wasn't i behind you at the toll? I think i remember hearing coins drop on the floor that day. Not sure. This human error is BS and they can lay anything on you and you can't prove it that you paid the toll(receipt). I doubt it was a fastrak lane since there was a toll collector at that lane. Hope the fine isn't hefty or you can fight this David.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Hongda said:
Wasn't i behind you at the toll? I think i remember hearing coins drop on the floor that day. Not sure. This human error is BS and they can lay anything on you and you can't prove it that you paid the toll(receipt). I doubt it was a fastrak lane since there was a toll collector at that lane. Hope the fine isn't hefty or you can fight this David.
Haha damn... i hate this bad luck. I came home from work tired so that's why I was all worked up earlier. He dropped like 50 cents, put the money in the reg so i figured business as usual and drove off after jason. I wouldn't be concerned except the bad stories about their "Customer Service." I'll try to fight it but if they stiff me I'll have to pay. No time to go to court. :(

I remembered you and the other guy (who I will apologize to later when he messages me his name - I'm bad at this lol) were behind me. And unless we all got fastrak violations... it's not a fastrak lane.

$3 toll + $25 penalty = $28.00

OR.... get this....

"If this is your first violation, you may pay the toll only by opening a FasTrak account within 30 days...."

Hella pisses me off... and this statement shows they really are after money...
 

·
I Jumped Off Da Bandwagon
Joined
·
2,204 Posts
Spec7's name is Andrew. I'm 100% sure that it wasn't a fastrak lane because the toll collector was there. I doubt it would be a big fine(not like you ran a redlight). I'll let you know if i receive anything the next days.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,068 Posts
whoa. they did you dirty. i think i was the last one in line. out of everyone. first was tony.. jason... then you . then me?? im pretty sure thats the order. and about hearing coins dropp.. it was way to loud to hear anything like that.

but first of all.. the guy workin at the booth wouldnt step out to pick up the coins. because there was too many cars waiting in line. but seriously he did you dirty. theres no reason you wouldnt pay 3 freakin dollars for this. dont worry i got yo back! ;)

as for me recieving the letter too. the car is registered under my uncles name. so i wont recieve any mail for a while..
 

·
NorCal's Accord C.F.whore
Joined
·
377 Posts
yeah, they did you hella duurty. it wasn't a fasttrack lane either, it was just to the right of the fasttrack lane because i was driving hella slow in the fast lane after i went through. they have that stuff on video, but i don't know if they'll allow you to use it.

and dont' feel bad. i got a $50 ticket from roseville's finest that i have to pay now. i am NEVER, repeat NEVER going back to roseville. meet or no meet. so i feel your pain. :(
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
784 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
iakona said:
yeah, they did you hella duurty. it wasn't a fasttrack lane either, it was just to the right of the fasttrack lane because i was driving hella slow in the fast lane after i went through. they have that stuff on video, but i don't know if they'll allow you to use it.

and dont' feel bad. i got a $50 ticket from roseville's finest that i have to pay now. i am NEVER, repeat NEVER going back to roseville. meet or no meet. so i feel your pain. :(
Yeah it's the principle more than the fine for me right now. Cuz I did pay but I'm at their mercy here whether I am innocent or not. I don't have much time to fight it so if first attempt fails I'll give in. If I were in college still though LOL.

Damn man, $50 for expired plates??? What's up with that? Isn't it supposed to be fix-it-ticket for $10?
 

·
NorCal's Accord C.F.whore
Joined
·
377 Posts
BiggyMcWang said:
Yeah it's the principle more than the fine for me right now. Cuz I did pay but I'm at their mercy here whether I am innocent or not. I don't have much time to fight it so if first attempt fails I'll give in. If I were in college still though LOL.

Damn man, $50 for expired plates??? What's up with that? Isn't it supposed to be fix-it-ticket for $10?
same thing here man. principle. people don't have them anymore.
i've actually had the guy steal money from my wife. i paid for my car and her car, and he actually told her that i didn't pay for her when i did. no shame i tell you. and they make good money too. lazy bastardos/bastardistas...

an no, my plates were current, just the month (OCT) sticker was missing because they were brand new plates. and nope, it's a parking ticket, so pay or you get a warrant for your arrest. just what i don't need... and roseville declined my appeal, so i have to pay. sucks.
 

·
the lone outdoorsman
Joined
·
498 Posts
fastrak only never has a toll collector

good luck
 

·
Out of my Mind, Somewhere
Joined
·
2,500 Posts
iakona said:
same thing here man. principle. people don't have them anymore.
i've actually had the guy steal money from my wife. i paid for my car and her car, and he actually told her that i didn't pay for her when i did. no shame i tell you. and they make good money too. lazy bastardos/bastardistas...

an no, my plates were current, just the month (OCT) sticker was missing because they were brand new plates. and nope, it's a parking ticket, so pay or you get a warrant for your arrest. just what i don't need... and roseville declined my appeal, so i have to pay. sucks.
JASON ~ at least it was not a $280 ticket.....like the one I got from Marine World.... (and HUSH on those details :ssh: )


Update to that ticket: I appealed and they are supposed to be sending me my money back. :winkgrin: we will see what happens.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top