Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just picked up my buddy to head over to our bosses house for our end of season bbq, he lives out in some farmlands and along the way I saw a green g35 creeping up behind me. He pulls up beside me and I can tell he wants to run it, I don’t go looking for races but I haven’t raced a g35 yet so I was feeling it. We got about 3 runs in, first run was a 50 roll (kph) and he started in the wrong gear so we did two more runs one 60 and one 80, both times we started out quite even but in the higher rpm’s I started to pull on him, once I got to 4th I started to take off on him.

my mods are listed in my other post but basically full bolt on j30a5, not sure what he had done to his car as it was a stranger but it didn’t sound stock lol.

anyway just wanted to share my kill:)

·
Mr. Detail
1,218 Posts
Automatic or 6 speed G35? Makes a difference!

My other car is a 6 speed G35 sedan. Most of the bolt ons, UPREV tune. Put multiple car lengths on a buddy's 3.7 Q50 that ran a 14.1 @ 99 mph the next weekend at the Texas Motorplex. One of these days I'll run it there.

My Accord (XLR8 J-pipe, AEM v2, RSX wheels) can hang with a stock 1st gen G35 sedan. Can't pull on one though. I imagine a 6 speed Accord with the same mods would make easy work of one.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

My other car is a 6 speed G35 sedan. Most of the bolt ons, UPREV tune. Put multiple car lengths on a buddy's 3.7 Q50 that ran a 14.1 @ 99 mph the next weekend at the Texas Motorplex. One of these days I'll run it there.

My Accord (XLR8 J-pipe, AEM v2, RSX wheels) can hang with a stock 1st gen G35 sedan. Can't pull on one though. I imagine a 6 speed Accord with the same mods would make easy work of one.

My 06 av6 6speed and the g35 was manual as well,

currently my mods on my accord are as follows:
3.7 IM
3.7 TB port and polish
Ported and polished intake runners
Aem cold air intake with custom bumper duct
Egr delete
Rv6 pre cat deletes
Atlp longtube j pipe
Full straight pipe to magnaflow straight mufflers
Hybrid racing short shifter
Check valve delete
Lightweight dual core aluminum radiator
17” wheels
My motor also only has 60,000 miles on it

I definitely get that the g35 is quicker stock than the accord, however I’ve put quite a lot of work into performance mods and another factor is of course the driver,

·
Mr. Detail
1,218 Posts
Bone stock, I think the G35 6 speed sedan and 6 speed Accord are really close. Within a .10 or or so and similar trap speeds. I've got downpipes, y-pipe, catback, cold air intake, intake spacer (for the manifold itself), UPREV tune, 350Z springs and struts, Hotchkis bars and 17" Enkei RPF1 wheels (15.5 lb each!).

You definitely have mods that will greatly improve breathing especially on top end where the J series engines really shine. It's crazy how well modified ones pull past 5000 rpm.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts