Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The car runs and idles great up to about 2.5K rpm's, no problems at all, however at about 3-4K rpm's it looses all power, usually suddenly. Example, if I take off in first gear, I can speed up just fine until I hit about 3.1 rpm's and instantly it stops right there, *feels almost as if there is a rev limiter*. I can try to give it plenty of gas but it just feels like i am in a slower car..

Please help kiet or anyone!

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
scan for codes? Clean your intake? Clean your intake manifold. Clean your Throttle body? Valve adjustment? Spark plugs? timing belt?

Dude I have the opposite problem as you. My car makes too much power. I can't drive it properly it keeps on peel out on first gear.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
scan for codes? Clean your intake? Clean your intake manifold. Clean your Throttle body? Valve adjustment? Spark plugs? timing belt?

Dude I have the opposite problem as you. My car makes too much power. I can't drive it properly it keeps on peel out on first gear.
DUDE i need my car to do that man.. which engine mod do you have on your engine?

also my first gear use to be very very strong, but now it just feels bleh..

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
did you do all your maintance?

I don't know why my car is doing what it is doing. I just have basic bolt on. Tires are hankook v12 evo on stock rims. I think my mounts might be toast...

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At the moment there is not cel, honestly, this happen ever since I change my stock engine mount to innovasive 85a engine mount and 10w30 oil work done?? I really don't know what's going on... I mean I freaking lost to a si today on my way home! I also tried new map sensor and didn't do jack crap...

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8,737 Posts
u check the oil? not enough = no vtec

also how are those mount? I am thinking about the 75a.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I didn't do the oil change, my mech did. I am pretty sure he put
Enough amount of oil in my engine. I love my engine mounts! It feels like I am in a track car! But it still has a little friction.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'd say little over 60k? What can cause to get a low oil pressure? I did some research online and I saw lot of map sensor issues, so today I bought a map sensor at autozone and it still did the same thing... am I leaking air? I want my power back. I mean it pushes but not hard as it use to. Also have 180k miles on my car.

·
Slammed & Stunning
3,496 Posts
Sounds like something with the oil
Sometimes when my car is lazy I reset the ECU and woot the acceleration is very responsive after.

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Loll and yesterday I only took it off for 10 sec. I will try to resec my ecu today after work.if that doesn't work I am seriously going to have some grey hair tonight

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
THE ANSWER: ok so few months back i replaced some of my old coils with the new ones and forgot to reset my ECU. Supposedly you have to reset the Ecu every-time you install a new parts like coils, Spark plugs, headers, exhaust and so forth. Because if you dont then the ecu will still think that you didn't change or fix the problem(basically its just reading the old problem instead reading fresh with the new parts.) Lastly, my car got fixed with a simple reset! :)

·
Quicksilver
948 Posts
glad to see you fixed the issue. now im just curious if this thats the reason they say to disconnect the battery when doing an "upgrade" or "service"

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
glad to see you fixed the issue. now im just curious if this thats the reason they say to disconnect the battery when doing an "upgrade" or "service"
Most definitely! i didnt disconnect my battery to reset my ecu, i used my mechanics scanner to do it! you'll see huge change in performance.

·
Quicksilver
948 Posts
man...i didnt do that for any of my upgrades. my intake, my exhaust, my jpipe/test pipe! so i bet my track time of 14.82 was what my car would run stock!! when i ran it i only had the SRI and Exhaust but still...thanks for the info. will do this tomorrow for sure!!

·
Registered
605 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
man...i didnt do that for any of my upgrades. my intake, my exhaust, my jpipe/test pipe! so i bet my track time of 14.82 was what my car would run stock!! when i ran it i only had the SRI and Exhaust but still...thanks for the info. will do this tomorrow for sure!!
Make sure you disconnect the battery for at least 30 min, But few websites says other wise. They say to disconnect it over night. I think 30 min should be enough though. Let me know if you feel any difference i am curious now!!!!!!!

·
Quicksilver
948 Posts
i am very curious now also. ill try it today for 30mins. if i dont feel a difference, ill do it at school with a scan tool. i will def let you know if there is a difference.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts