Accord V6 Forum banner

Final question before I purchase

1K views 27 replies 12 participants last post by  1BADSS 
#1 ·
This is what I am looking for:

I want stock feel but lowered so I can get rims. I don't want the 4x4 look. This is my daily to work, and the roads can get kinda rough at some points. So comfort is a must more over handling.

From the research I have done TEIN SS-P does the best job. If this true? Please tell me before I click the "BUY NOW" button!

Also, if you guys have had any excellent experiences with site that sell suspensions, more than willing to check those out. No crazy car lingo, thanks...

#2 ·
http://www.optionimports.com/ is a good site to buy tein products since they have free shipping if you click on cupons on the website you can get the cupon code there.

As for Tein alot of people said that Tein basics have stock quality ride. I myself have tein SS im pretty happy with them. they are pretty smooth. If you only want stock ride quality then i should say you get tein basics. If you want to be able to change your dampering then get tein SS. and if you want to get a EDFC kit then get SSP. The dampering itself is really easy to change and you can do it within 5minutes.

#5 ·
NexsoN said:
I would go with koni yellows and h-techs, I mean if you want more comfort, I don't know a whole lot on the ss-p, but I know how coilover's ride in general.

I've had those before and they are not even close to the comfort of SS-P.

#7 ·
spacezupe said:
This is what I am looking for:

I want stock feel but lowered so I can get rims. I don't want the 4x4 look. This is my daily to work, and the roads can get kinda rough at some points. So comfort is a must more over handling.

From the research I have done TEIN SS-P does the best job. If this true? Please tell me before I click the "BUY NOW" button!

Also, if you guys have had any excellent experiences with site that sell suspensions, more than willing to check those out. No crazy car lingo, thanks...

You want a stock feel, but lowered.....easy answer. Get the HFP's. I have them, and they ride smoother than stock in many ways. Only a 1" drop in height, but they are definetly very comfortable, and perfect (in my opinion) for a daily driver to work. You can see how they look on my car in my gallery.

#8 ·
bang for the bucks, just throw some eibach pro-kit on your stock. youll be more than satisfied. rides like stock, lowered 1 finger in rear, and 2 finger in front. won't ruin your front bumper, and goign up drive ways won't be a b****.. in the meantime while riding that, order some koni yellows and you'll be set. TEIN does not offer comfort, they offer performance.
:)

#9 · (Edited)
Jon2002 said:
You want a stock feel, but lowered.....easy answer. Get the HFP's. I have them, and they ride smoother than stock in many ways. Only a 1" drop in height, but they are definetly very comfortable, and perfect (in my opinion) for a daily driver to work. You can see how they look on my car in my gallery.

Yeah if you are looking for comfort, get the HFP setup but you will hardly gain any handling with them. Jobata23 has em on his car and its just like stock. If you want better handling with a drop, get the SS-P, you will be thanking me later.

nighthawk04v6 said:
bang for the bucks, just throw some eibach pro-kit on your stock. youll be more than satisfied. rides like stock, lowered 1 finger in rear, and 2 finger in front. won't ruin your front bumper, and goign up drive ways won't be a b****.. in the meantime while riding that, order some koni yellows and you'll be set. TEIN does not offer comfort, they offer performance.
:)
I used to have that problem with Koni/S-tech setup, had to go angle on every bump but now I go straight(but slow) on the speed bumps and no scraping. NO suspension setup can give you comfort(more than stock, except HFP) but its a matter of how BAD it makes it.

Edit: Iam DEFINITELY not saying that the Koni/S-tech setup was bad, just wasnt good enough to my taste but I do admit that the handling was fabulous.

#11 ·
shon.nv said:
If you can wait 10 days, I can get it for you for $1075(shipped) Brand new and authentic.
Shon,

In my research I actually came across some of your articles and this is no attempt to mock you in anyway, but are you going through a suspension crisis or are you a reseller?

Wow, ok torn between HFP and SSP. The thing is, I really don't need the ability to connect an engine to my suspension to adjust the height, never gonna race... Maybe Tein SS is the way huh?

#13 ·
1BADSS said:
I have the HFP and TL swaybars. Handles great, rides good with 18's and 235/40/18 Track Tires

I'm fussy when it comes to lowering with wanting the best of both worlds, and I find I've reached it with this setup.
Whats your thoughts on the HFP, did you get the drop expected? It loks like you did.

When I asked the dealer I bought my car from they said the HFP doesnt work with the 06's, they had or heard people complain it didnt drop it as much as it says it does.

But I see all these peole, yourself included with it and I can tell the drop from the HFP, did you measure befroe and after to see if you truely got 1 inch all around?

#14 ·
06 AV6 06MT said:
Whats your thoughts on the HFP, did you get the drop expected? It loks like you did.

When I asked the dealer I bought my car from they said the HFP doesnt work with the 06's, they had or heard people complain it didnt drop it as much as it says it does.

But I see all these peole, yourself included with it and I can tell the drop from the HFP, did you measure befroe and after to see if you truely got 1 inch all around?
I like it, I have quite the incline in my driveway so I couldn't go too low. I didn't measure but you can tell from stock it's more then an inch.

STOCK

LOWERED

#15 ·
1BADSS said:
I like it, I have quite the incline in my driveway so I couldn't go too low. I didn't measure but you can tell from stock it's more then an inch.
It looks like you got about 1.5 inches in the front and about an inch in the back, I like the looks and am considering it. What are the specs on your wheel tire package including offest. It looks like those fill out the wheel wells much better than stock.

I am running on TL wheels and tires and it fills them out very very well and would look even better with just a slight drop. I dont need track type performace but did you notcie even a slightly better handling characteristics with the HFP? Right now I am considering HFP/Tein Basics/Tein SS, HFP would be nice as I like the stock ride and dont want to spend too much money on it.

#16 ·
06 AV6 06MT said:
It looks like you got about 1.5 inches in the front and about an inch in the back, I like the looks and am considering it. What are the specs on your wheel tire package including offest. It looks like those fill out the wheel wells much better than stock.

I am running on TL wheels and tires and it fills them out very very well and would look even better with just a slight drop. I dont need track type performace but did you notcie even a slightly better handling characteristics with the HFP? Right now I am considering HFP/Tein Basics/Tein SS, HFP would be nice as I like the stock ride and dont want to spend too much money on it.
My wheels are 18x8 with a 45 offset on 235/40/18. The HFP made quite the difference but I added the TL 20mm swaybar at the same time. I also have the TL LSD which works well also.

#17 ·
1BADSS said:
My wheels are 18x8 with a 45 offset on 235/40/18. The HFP made quite the difference but I added the TL 20mm swaybar at the same time. I also have the TL LSD which works well also.
Yeah I got the TL rear also, and when I do the springs and shocks I will do the front sway bar as well.

How much did the LSD cost to do and was it a direct fit? or some modifications?

#21 ·
1BADSS said:
The LSD was $2000.00 installed at a Honda dealer. Direct bolt in.
You remember what the breakdown was for parts and then labor? I am seeing a new TL Differential running around 850.

From the assembly drawings the bearings and spacers are all the same as you said. How much labor they charge you?

I want to do this but I am almost sure I can get it done a lot cheaper from the performance shop in my area.

#23 ·
06 AV6 06MT said:
You remember what the breakdown was for parts and then labor? I am seeing a new TL Differential running around 850.

From the assembly drawings the bearings and spacers are all the same as you said. How much labor they charge you?

I want to do this but I am almost sure I can get it done a lot cheaper from the performance shop in my area.
I'm in Canada. Plus Honda didn't void my warranty. $1400.00 tax in and $600.00 for labour roughly.

#24 ·
1BADSS said:

STOCK

LOWERED

That looks perfect for what I need. Do you have to go through the dealer to get the HFP suspension, or are there resellers with more competative pricing?

#26 ·
I always thought that the HFP dropped the car less....hrmm. Anyways, I went ahead and went with a Prokit/Koni setup. I have about 1.5 fingers all around and love the stance, but the way it rides is a bit questionable. Maybe it is just me and maybe I just forgot how the stock Accord rode--it's not a very smooth car stock, thats for certain.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.