Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after 6 months of putting on the ebay foglights on my coupe, the lens have cracked after driving through crazy so. cali rain last nite. For ppl who have had this problem be4, has ne1 tried putting a thing piece of lexan between the actual fog light and the black plastic cosmetic grill to try and prevent this from happening? Thanks

·
Registered
230 Posts
rockblocker.com has a 40mil. adhesive-backed film that can be cut to fit on the fog light lens. I installed this a little over a year ago. No broken lens......BUT.....It turns brown due to the heat from the bulb. Everything was fine for about a year. I have removed the film and have no plans to replace it at this time. BTW this was on the OEM fogs.

·
My Third Accord!
841 Posts
i have had a cracked lense on my sedan for a while. when it first cracled i took the housing apart and dried it out and put a thin line of clear silicone sealant on the crack and sealed the the pieces back together. it stayed clear for about 4 months but over the winter i have gotten another crack and condensation.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
acb384 said:
i have had a cracked lense on my sedan for a while. when it first cracled i took the housing apart and dried it out and put a thin line of clear silicone sealant on the crack and sealed the the pieces back together. it stayed clear for about 4 months but over the winter i have gotten another crack and condensation.
I've read of someone replacing the glass with lucite or lexan. I took off the glass today and basically the glass is just siliconed to the housing. I'm trying to find a place to find the lucite then I'm just goin to try and replace both glass lenses with the lucite.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts