Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hated the woodgrain in my car, so I decided to paint it. I also had the gauge and A/c bezels sanded and painted, I hated the "texture" on it. They were sprayed with PPG black, and 2 coats of clear. I'm not worried about dust because I just changed my cabin filters (haven't seen dust in a long time) and I clean the interior... often. Here are some pics, let me know what you think.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Looks really good. I'm thinking about doing this......I was going to just source the lx/dx parts and swap, but you may have sold me on the paint idea.

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comments, always nice to hear some positive feedback. As for the questions...

stupidaznmunkey said:
wowow the paint job looks so clean - didju just use spray paint?
I didn't use spray paint, these were done in the booth, with a gun. 2 coats of color, 2 coats of clear.

Steverino said:
How do you go about removing that arm rest panel?
You mean the piece on the door? If you do...

1. Remove the door panel from the door (if you want me to explain how to do this, let me know).
2. Disassemble all wire harnesses and light bulbs (Driver's side = ).
3. Remove the forwardmost 4 screws on the leather armrest (it sits on top of the trim).
4. Remove the 2 screws holding the trim to the door panel and carefully work it out of the door panel. There are 4 tabs which help to keep the trim piece secure, they are delicate, so be careful.

If you'd like, when I reinstall the passenger door I can make a quick DIY. My camera is dead right now, though.

·
central Cali accords
2,747 Posts
Dang the leather in your interior looks flawless. Good job maintaining it.

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
This is what I wanna do...but I think I might just find the OEM black pieces from an accord without wood grain. I don't have a booth or a gun to spray these. Maybe I'll turn my garage into one...hmmmmmm

Nice work man!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
By the way, I forgot to mention that I would have had the clock bezel painted, but I want to buy a new clock first. So, once I get a new clock I plan on getting that sanded and sprayed, too. I think that will make the A/C bezel look perfecto.

clean2draccord said:
The trim looks great! How much did this run you (labor + paint)?
It ended up costing me $150 for eveything. It is pricey, but I feel like I have 7 brand new pieces in my car, so that is about $20 a piece. Not bad, I don't think. If I didn't get the A/C and gauge bezels sanded down, I think it would have been closer to $100. I had them bondo everything and sand it smooth... I'm very picky.

Nittanys1 said:
look good!!! def doesnt look like spray paint. what a/c knobs r those?
Good ole V6P....

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
Nittanys1 said:
ohh and you pay for what you get and the paint came out great!
Yes, I agree. I could have paid $30 and gotten dupli color spray paint and clear, etc. and done it myself. But I do not think I would have gotten the finished product I did. I'm glad I got it done the way I did, I'm very happy with it. I just picked up a few more hours at work to offset my costs :)

·
i have vtech!
508 Posts
i think it looks really hot and super clean. great job. beeeaaauuuutiful.

buuut. personally i kninda htink your an idiot for ruining perfect woodgrain. that **** goes for crazy expensive on ebay. bu. still. love the work :)

·
Registered
635 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
AV6 Jester said:
buuut. personally i kninda htink your an idiot for ruining perfect woodgrain. that **** goes for crazy expensive on ebay. bu. still. love the work :)
It wasn't perfect, by any means..... it was wood grain!!! Just kidding, of course, but I see your point.

·
Craziest Viet Mofo You'll Know
239 Posts
i did the same thing with my interior. i also painted the center console the (the wood grain around the shifter and stuff. the only thing is that i dun have a cup holder because mine broke (anyone selling one please let me know) i will post pics soon

1 - 20 of 49 Posts