Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started this project almost two years ago after seeing accordboi's carputer, I decided I wanted to give it a shot.

I first got a Xenarc 700TSV Touchscreen monitor and placed it into my center console

he molding part is done, here is some pictures of the process

This is ideally what i wanted it to look like, but with a smoother finish

Had to dremel out some parts of the back so the screen bezel would sit flush

Epoxied into place

The back of the bezel

Applying the fiberglass bondo

Smoothed out a little bit, applied second layer of bondo

Base layer pretty much finished

Time for regular bondo filler

Almost done, just test fitting to see if screen and HVAC controls would fit

And after many attempts at primer/spot putty for those ****ing little divots, the paint

I got a new headunit, and placed the monitor in the dash and it wouldn't work! I ended up breaking a mounting point, so I had to get that repaired.

That divot really pissed me off, so I ended up redoing the entire setup using SEM textured paint, plastic adhesion promotor and high build primer.

This is the software I planned on using, just messing around on my laptop

I ended up buying a VIA EPIA motherboard (17cmx17cm with onboard sound, video) to use so I could fit it in the glovebox, and not have to deal with high power consumption.

Installing windows on the carpc

FInally got it into the car

Who can guess the movie :D

I'm still waiting on my GPS receiver, and I'm still waiting to install the AEM EMS software to monitor vitals. I had to hack a hole in my glovebox for the case to fit, but besides that it's working

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
Does it go to sleep, or hibernate when you turn the key off? Im thinking of putitng a seperate deep cycle battery in the trunk with a battery isolator and run the carputer off that so i can have it on when the cars off, and monitor the voltage through my new gauge pod :D that way as long as i have 10.5v i can power my carputer whent the car is off, and not affect my cars battery at all :p

Beacouse i plan on going to canada and looking for a nice parking lot to park in that has internet then possibly visit klepto and might stay in cannaduh overnight if im drunk or something and sleep in my car...

<_<
>_>

No, im not crazy :)

E

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ericspda said:
Does it go to sleep, or hibernate when you turn the key off? Im thinking of putitng a seperate deep cycle battery in the trunk with a battery isolator and run the carputer off that so i can have it on when the cars off, and monitor the voltage through my new gauge pod :D that way as long as i have 10.5v i can power my carputer whent the car is off, and not affect my cars battery at all :p

Beacouse i plan on going to canada and looking for a nice parking lot to park in that has internet then possibly visit klepto and might stay in cannaduh overnight if im drunk or something and sleep in my car...

<_<
>_>

No, im not crazy :)

E
In theory, yes. I have an Opus 120W power supply which has built in startup and shutdown controllers. You can change jumpers on the board to alter the shutdown delay and voltage startup or voltage cut. The opus has settings to shutdown after 10 seconds, 10 minutes, 30 minutes or 60 minutes after you pull the key out of the car. In window’s settings, you can change what you want to the computer to do when power button is pressed, so I will set that to hibernate so when I pull the key the computer will hibernate. You can also set the voltage input so that when the power supply sees “X” voltage it will power on when the key is turned ignition, and if it sees “Y” voltage it will power down. I have to set to startup when 11.5 volts is detected, and cut power when 10.5 volts is detected.

Since I just installed it yesterday, I’m still using the power button on my case

·
... Honda is bliss ...
792 Posts
Thats such great work bro. if you want more interfaces to use, check out www.mp3car.com. Its a full CarPC forum.

·
J35A2K23B18CSRDETT2JZLOL
3,267 Posts
looks awesome! i've always wanted to do a carputer in my car, i think that's the only thing missing on my car. i need your help Dracord/Ericspda cause i really don't have a clue on how and where to start.

i want to have PC/Navi/back-up cam/video games/DVD/CD/MP3/missile launcher features and at the same time can use my stock volume/channel control on my sterring wheel. can this be done? what kind of amp brand do you recommend?

i dont want a crazy sub and loud speaker anymore, going for a single light weight 10" sub and light weight amps.

Also, can an AVIC-D3 HU do all this?

help ! ! !

·
... Honda is bliss ...
792 Posts
Yea. MP3car.com is the best place for all CarPC needs. I have a few old computers sittin around that I'm plannin to use. I just need to get the screen and wiring.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
SIRSIG said:
looks awesome! i've always wanted to do a carputer in my car, i think that's the only thing missing on my car. i need your help Dracord/Ericspda cause i really don't have a clue on how and where to start.

i want to have PC/Navi/back-up cam/video games/DVD/CD/MP3/missile launcher features and at the same time can use my stock volume/channel control on my sterring wheel. can this be done? what kind of amp brand do you recommend?

i dont want a crazy sub and loud speaker anymore, going for a single light weight 10" sub and light weight amps.

Also, can an AVIC-D3 HU do all this?

help ! ! !
I just used the Aux-In feature on my headunit to connect to RCA cables, and I can control volume using the headunit.

Here's info on connecting to an amp etc

http://www.mp3car.com/vbulletin/faq-emporium/32430-how-get-sound-pc-car-stereo-amp.html

I dunno about the AVIC-D3 if you were going to use a PC, because some features would probably be better on the other, etc. You could use a PC for Navi/GPS/MP3/Video/CD/DVD/Backup Cam/USB Missile Launcher (i assume that's what you were talking about)

Check out the FAQ section at mp3car.com

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got my GPS unit in a few days ago, works pretty nice.
2D mode

3D mode

Need some food?

They even got the smaller businesses

GPS data

The whole deal

1 - 20 of 23 Posts