Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 875 Posts

·
V6P Groupbuy Approved
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
RV6 V3 J-Pipe for 7th Gen Accord and 3rd Gen TL

Introducing the RV6 V3 long tube J-pipe. This design is the result of months of hard work and testing. Four hours of dyno time was spent testing everything from piping sizes to tube length in order to tune this J-pipe for maximum gains. Over 10 revisions were made to the initial prototype in order to equalize runner length and most importantly maximize ground clearance. By tucking one pipe behind another we were able to do this with minimal cutting to the splash guard. (might not have to be cut) By completely removing the 3rd cat runner length was increased in order to take advantage of exhaust gas scavenging.

Dyno tests were performed on an unmodified 05 automatic base TL with 55k miles using a AWD Mustang dyno. We choose this vehicle because it is most common among the community. Higher gains are to be expected with the manual base and TL-s.

13 WHP peak gained
7 WTQ peak gained

15 WHP average gained
12 WTQ average gained

The introduction pricing for the V3 J-pipe will be set at $450 plus shipping. This J-pipe is much more complex to build and requires about twice the material then the earlier models. By reducing the number of flanges we are able to offer this J-pipe cheaper than any other J-pipe and race pipe combo.

Features:
2.25" Primaries
2.5" Outlet
Mandrel bends
TIG welding
Stainless 304 Piping and flanges

www.rv6-p.com

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
So if we don't get in on this group buy now, what do you think the chances are of getting one in a few months? Or is this really our best chance to get the part? I really want one, but need to wait until after the holidays to see where I stand money-wise. I would probably order around the time you are shipping the product out. Will you keep some on hand? Feel free to PM me to discuss. I would be willing to put a deposit down if necessary. I really want this mod but am not ready to commit quite yet due to the holiday season. Thanks for all your hard work on this project, it's nice to have some more aftermarket support for our cars.

Also, I'm about 2.5 hours from Chicago. If you keep a few on hand, I could even drive up there - and if you needed to test the gains on a Accord V6 6MT with just an intake, maybe we could work something out. Let me know. Thanks!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Hey Richie, Im very interested in the J-Pipe and i want to get on this list, but this forum always messes up on my computer.. could you possibly communicate with me through email???

st3phen325 aol.com
I would have PM'ed you but i only have 6 posts which means I cant PM or insert email addresses..

I have funds available now so let me by email know ASAP if i can squeeze in on the list

·
V6P Groupbuy Approved
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hey Richie, Im very interested in the J-Pipe and i want to get on this list, but this forum always messes up on my computer.. could you possibly communicate with me through email???

st3phen325 aol.com
I would have PM'ed you but i only have 6 posts which means I cant PM or insert email addresses..

I have funds available now so let me by email know ASAP if i can squeeze in on the list

sure there is room on the list. ill add you and you can send me a desposit before the end of them month. you can email me at [email protected].

·
Registered
532 Posts
Richie, thanks for keeping me on the official list. I noticed you got 50 pipes and looks like they are going quick. Are you still going to reserve me one for the future? or is it first come first serve now? or would I need to put down a deposit now to reserve it?

·
V6P Groupbuy Approved
2,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Richie, thanks for keeping me on the official list. I noticed you got 50 pipes and looks like they are going quick. Are you still going to reserve me one for the future? or is it first come first serve now? or would I need to put down a deposit now to reserve it?
there are 43 people interested but only only 18 have paid deposits so far. i would just put down a deposit to make sure

·
Wheelgap = sleeper mod
3,038 Posts
Just sent you the $100 deposit - please confirm receipt - and thank you so much!!! I am pumped about this.

1 - 20 of 875 Posts