Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i went out to lebanon valley dragway today. elevation according to gps is 670 feet. temps outside were just above 90, and the car would always run just under the mid temperature.

i was on my stock michelins and 6spd rims (since my others got jacked). my first 3 runs were with the TCS on.. :bonk: :smack: and they were in the 14.7-14.85 range.

well actually my first run wasnt even timed since i didnt stage, cos i got confused as to what they wanted me to do. they were running me against dedicated dragsters that were posting 150+ mph trap speeds.

anyhow my best run of the day was a 14.410, that i think came entirely because of my opponent, who i knew i would have a good run against. the other guys just scared the crap out of me, cos two guys earlier that day lost an axle each which went flying into the opponents lane.

my best trap of the day was 98.3 mph, that came with the 14.41 run. my best RT of the day was 0.091.

i got 6 runs in total. including the one that didnt get timed

heres my best time

RT .232
60 2.43
330 6.267
1/8 9.422
mph 78.31
1000 12.119
1/4 14.410

my best 60 time was 2.32, but my run on that was a 14.85, cos i bounced of the rev limiter.

my last 3 runs had so much axlehop that my wipers went off all 3 times on the highest setting. it shocked me the frist time, and the 2nd time it happened. i was called the wiper accord by the commentator. 3rd time it happened my engine light started flashing... :confused: but then went away.

anyhow at the end of the day, i was happy with it all, and that i did end up with a 14.41, on hot day, with crappy traction. plus i had 1/4 tank of 87 gas, since i was a DOH! and forgot to fill up with 93. :p

the most interesting moment for me, was when this chick who rolled with us in a transam pushing 420 whp, twisted and ripped her driveshaft 6 inches from her rear differential. pushing a transam 200 yds isnt fun. :mad:

·
import tuner and rn
1,592 Posts
nice runs , i think ur check engine came on because i recall some members on here bringing their 6 speeds up to 6000 rpms aggressively and having the light come on

·
14.58 =Quickest Gen7 auto
3,545 Posts
Nice runs. :up2:

With better weather, premium gas and some traction, I see some low 14's in your future. :D

·
Registered
87 Posts
looks real good to me, i agree with low 14's when you get that 60 down !! what car is this again ? the new honda accord ? this baby flies !

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yep, and im sure if was on my rojas and avons, id be a lot lower, plus i was being gentle on the clutch and wasnt feathering it. it was pretty much clutch is all off, and then once im rolling id jam the throttle..

1 - 14 of 14 Posts