Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
do this next time:

are u troubleshooting the lowbeam? 55w H1 bulb im taking it?

OT: you sure do post a lot of troubleshooting threads ;D

·
Registered
505 Posts
Are you talking about your halo lights, the leds up top or the actual low/high beam bulbs. If it is your halos I suggest you do what this guy did. http://www.cardomain.com/ride/578450/4 Look on page two of his domain pages. He replaced the leds in his halos. I am getting those lights that you have on thursday and I plan on replacing all of the leds in the headlight as well as put hid projectors into the headlights. If you don't start to do something before then I can help you as I go along with it. How hard is it to take the leds at the top of the headlight out. Can they just pop out or do you have to maybe cut/pry them out? Also try to find out what size they are and I think I can tell you where to look to start replacing them. I am still finding out info on these leds but I think the problem is that they are all linked together with no resistors to regulate the power and it is causing them to die. Not to mention they are probably cheap leds. Holla back and I will help you the best I can.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
Ok now the wire that goes to my headlights (for the regular night driving light) isnt working on my driver side. I looked at the fuse and it looked fine to me i check the L-H/L LO fuse.. anyways i tried hooking up an old pair of headlights to it and it didnt work for those either. any ideas?

and what happened was the old headlight cracked so I got some new ones. but now hte headlight works its just the socket doesnt.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Du3ce said:
are u using high wattage bulbs? u mightve melted the wiring
no they are the same and hte light housing works and all that if i put the right housing set on the left side it works but nothign works on the right side. and i checked the fuse so what could it be?

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
have u checked to make sure that all your connections are sound? sound like the same problem u had last time.. bent pins on your connectors. make sure both the positive and ground wires are connected securely. id bet thats your problem

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hey I just got my headlights in today. Can we get a confirmation that those are 3mm leds so I don't screw up and buy the 5mm instead. Also I have done a little research and taked to a few people. I think we will need to go the route of getting a voltage regulator for the leds. It seems that a cars voltage can fluxuate up to 16 volts at any time from the alternator. This can kill the leds at any time as well. From what I have been told, resistors do nothing to help this. A voltage regulator will keep the voltage at a constant. This is what I have learned so far. I am still trying to research to find out what type of regulator we need. Keep you posted when I know something new. What size are those leds? Hey and1 have you had any problems with your leds at the top of the lights? Are you gonna replace those as well?

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
re: the voltage stabilizing. dont get too worked up over this one. from my personal experience, no regulators are needed.

just in case they are, or if youre just paranoid about it, google "zener diode." these are a special type of diode that has voltage-stabilizing properties.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
No the LEDs at the top have been great no flickering or outages with them? And I am prettysure they are 5mm if you are going from the flat part to the rouded part then yes they are 5mm. So ya you did get the wrong kind :-\ Also so where would we get this voltage regulator? And is that why the LEDs kept blowing?

·
Registered
505 Posts
I am trying to find out more info about the votage regulator and where to get it. That is probably why they keep blowing out. It seems that there is power spikes and the leds are wiped out when the power gets too great. The leds at the top have resistors already attached to them and that is probably why they are still okay. I am just wondering about the color of the light output. I am going to get bright white leds for the halo's. I hope that does not make the lights from the leds above it look underpowered. I might replace them anyway. So you say the leds in the halo's are definetly 5mm, right? Gotta order some. I did not order the 3mm yet thank God.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
noslow100 said:
I am trying to find out more info about the votage regulator and where to get it. That is probably why they keep blowing out. It seems that there is power spikes and the leds are wiped out when the power gets too great. The leds at the top have resistors already attached to them and that is probably why they are still okay. I am just wondering about the color of the light output. I am going to get bright white leds for the halo's. I hope that does not make the lights from the leds above it look underpowered. I might replace them anyway. So you say the leds in the halo's are definetly 5mm, right? Gotta order some. I did not order the 3mm yet thank God.
well if they are going from teh base to the curved part then ya 5mm for sure and yeah i have to order 2 of those voltage regulators then. how many volts should be let through?

·
Registered
505 Posts
Try doing a search for the velleman k1823 It is a votlage regulator that is variable and can be adjusted to the voltage that you desire. I am probably going to order 2 of these if I can't find them localy. I have to do a little more research on the voltage to be let through. I am not sure if we need to add more voltage because there is 4 leds in a series or if the voltage has to be around 3-4. Have you found the leds that you are going to order yet? Also, how did you hook up your halos and leds? Did you tap into the park/turn signal wires. Could you give me a little bit of info on that. The instruction sheet I got with it was crap. Only half of the page was printed.

·
Registered
1,670 Posts
noslow100 said:
Try doing a search for the velleman k1823 It is a votlage regulator that is variable and can be adjusted to the voltage that you desire. I am probably going to order 2 of these if I can't find them localy. I have to do a little more research on the voltage to be let through. I am not sure if we need to add more voltage because there is 4 leds in a series or if the voltage has to be around 3-4. Have you found the leds that you are going to order yet? Also, how did you hook up your halos and leds? Did you tap into the park/turn signal wires. Could you give me a little bit of info on that. The instruction sheet I got with it was crap. Only half of the page was printed.

hmmm... velleman k1823 .. sounds familiar! haha.

when u hook up the regulator and leds, u just need to match the total regulated voltage to equal the amount of voltage to power ur leds. yo determine how many leds by using finding the typical voltage of each leds and add them up. just make sure u have them in series.

for example:
voltage from car goes into regulator..
it regulates it at 12v...
if each leds typical forward voltage is 3.0
then wire in series 4 leds (4x3V=12V)

and thats all.

if u want to be able to use more leds from that regulator then add them in parallel.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts