Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So in the past two months or so I've began noticing there to be a weird feeling during vtec on my car. Around 4k-5k it seems to hit a flat spot, then have it kick back in. It's fairly notticeable when it happens and it's starting to get a little odd/old. It's a 2004 coupe 2.4 lx with the 5spd manual, 121,xxx miles on it. Thought it could have been the clutch going but it holds all gears just fine when going.

I'm going to check the plugs when I get out of work, I don't think it's the oil as I checked it last time I got gas which was 200 miles ago, and it was good. I'll check the vtec thing for leaks as well but any other ideas??

·
Mr. Detail
1,138 Posts
Could be an oil flow issue, VTEC engines are pretty sensitive to either low or dirty oil. Even if it is full, it might be dirty or maybe something clogging the passages. Ignition issue (plugs/coils) would be my second guess.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I could be wrong but I think it kicks in at 5K.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It's the 4 banger, the v6 vtec kicks in at 4800 I believe but correct me if I am wrong.

Oil level is good, a little below the top mark on the stick and it's not perfectly clean, but that's 1500-2000 miles worth of driving. I forgot to check the plugs yesterday I'll do that when I get home today, is it possible that it's the plug boots or whatever they're called?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
update to this...

check engine light came on today. code is p2647. Rocker Arm Actuator A - Bank 1 Stuck On.

how does one fix this? is it fairly easy?

·
Registered
294 Posts
Isnt vtec for the accords a 2 stage? Maybe its this first stage that is causing the issue?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah from what I've read it's staying open, and not closing to get into the 2nd stage. But I can't get the connector off of the sensor.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts