1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
360 Posts
It all depends on what YOUR priority is. If you want to actually USE the fogs to serve the purpose of helping you see better, use 3K, if you just want to be "flashy" and "lighty" with loads of glare, go for 6K.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Either do 3k heads and fogs or 6k heads and fogs.
I was going to mix them on mine till I saw one, did 6k.

I kinda like the 3k, you see great! But didnt want to risk tickets.

·
Registered
650 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lets see how it will look 3k on headlight and 6k on fogs . If i have time 2morrow ill try it and post pics.
Either do 3k heads and fogs or 6k heads and fogs.
I was going to mix them on mine till I saw one, did 6k.

I kinda like the 3k, you see great! But didnt want to risk tickets.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Just installed my 3000K HID into my Fogs. Will get some night pics later today, but here's after the install:

·
Official V6P Retro Whore
3,899 Posts
story: i saw a raised truck on the freeway with HIDs and fog light HIDs driving behind a TL

it looked like it was one of those helicopter lamps that go over the suspect.

go with the yellow
I hate that sh!t. Those people should be hanged and made to stare into some of those HIDs for the rest of their nature lives.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Here's the night shots. One obvious thing with the HID, the bulbs are longer so the shroud is too short within the housing. I'm going to pull the bumper some time, pull the bulbs and bend the shroud down a bit. For now I've angled them a little lower than normal. Also, notice in the first pic that you can see the nice tight line for the yellow fogs, but then the refraction like a big bulbous halo over the rest of the lighting (this is what I am talking about fixing).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts