Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
I no Nintendo
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I turned on my car today and it did not want to get into gear. Did the same after school. I had to turn off the car and turn it back on so it could go into gear. Have any of you had this problem be4? :confused:

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
yeah check the little paperclip bracket on the shift cable at the bottom and the 2 little screws on both sides...ive had it on for about 6 months as well and ive also shortened the shifter itself...and i have had zero problems

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am installing the Neuspeed short shift Kit this weekend. Does anyone have any good techniques or recommendations for removing the white plastic bushing from the shifter? I am concernec about breaking something during removal.

Thank you.

·
I no Nintendo
1,400 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kcc455 said:
I am installing the Neuspeed short shift Kit this weekend. Does anyone have any good techniques or recommendations for removing the white plastic bushing from the shifter? I am concernec about breaking something during removal.

Thank you.
man all i have to say is that thing is a b itch to take off!!!! i just used a pair of pliers good luck its possible just a b itch though

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
the easy way to do it is if you can get the actual shifter lever out of the car...thats how i did it...there is a little retainer clip on the left side of the shift assembly...if you can get something...a small flathead screw driver behind it and slide it off without damaging it since you have to put it back on then you can just remove the cable on the right side and the spring and lift the lever out of the shift seat.....once there just get someone to hold the shifter and get a good pair of pliars and pull that sucker off of the bottom...its hard to get off...we fought with it but i seriously doubt you can tear it up...but that is the easiest way...i did it once with it still in the car and then once with it out of the car...much easier to do it out of the car...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts