Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
CeRtiFiEd PimP
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
right now i have the front lip and just orded the side skirts for my car..will it look funny without rear lip kit? if i do get will it look messesd up cuz i have single exhuast??? i guess theres no way without bondo or somethin to cover up the other exhaust hole?

·
CeRtiFiEd PimP
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
mofo80 said:
i only have the front and rear lips. i'm waiting to get the sides. how do you think i feel?
haha
lol thats funny..i guess u have a extra exhaust outlet.anyway to cover that up.. and i dont want dual exhaust on my i4..

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
00&03Accords said:
I did a custom dual exhaust. You can also just buy a stock V6 dual exhaust if you like the quiet ride.
this is what i did and its sick, no loss of power or anything and looks better than having a stupid open hole on the left side, semetrical always looks better IMO

the funny thing is that now people think its a v6 but i dont race b/c i dont want to misrepresent the V6 accords by having some douche come up and beat me with my i4 and think hes beaten a v6. besides street racing is dumb anyways, sometimes. :D

·
Registered
334 Posts
u know i was thinking of getting the same thing...currently i have duals on my i4....but i want to go back to single and angle it up....i dont think it'll look too horrible without the back lip on it

·
registered n00b
2,769 Posts
Raddy21 said:
the funny thing is that now people think its a v6 but i dont race b/c i dont want to misrepresent the V6 accords by having some douche come up and beat me with my i4 and think hes beaten a v6. besides street racing is dumb anyways, sometimes. :D
omg if only all those retarded 15 and 16 year olds would start thinking more like that, our streets would be such a safer place to drive on. i woke up this morning to some idiot who slid his rear end around the corner of my street. this is the kind of stuff that makes me wanna buy a .22 and leave it near my window.

anyhow, back on topic. i think the rear lip would look really goofy if only one hole was being used. i think itd be fine to just ahve the front lip and skirts.. ive never really liked rear lips anyway.

and about using v6 duals on i4.. i think thats not really a good idea. honda has taken the time to carefully calculate the pipe lengths and diameters, as well as incorporate resistance contributed from bends and cats/mufflers, all for the purpose of creating the correct backpressure for your engine. less backpressure = poop torque. yea, it looks better, but to me its function over form!

·
CeRtiFiEd PimP
1,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
duRritztiNy said:
Yea i was going to get a single exhuast, but when i got my rear lip on I had to get dual. It looks ugly with the other hole on the side.

I only have my front and rear lip. The sides cost way to much. Im waiting for someone to sell them for cheaper.
how much have u seen the sideskirts go for i just picked some up ebay for 289with shipping

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
hardtopguy can get you a good deal on the aero kits

·
-Brian
8,607 Posts
hey, im new here, but I wanted to shead some light on this. When i purchased my 05 4cyl accord in march, within 3 weeks i wanted dual exhaust, reguardless of anything. I was told that i would loose power and such since it was a 4 cyl. This is the trick. i purcased 2 hks mufflers, brought them to mineke. there they replace the pipe from the catalytic conveter, and then continues to replace the old stock muffler, from there , the other new exhaust was going to be almost as a dummy, but stil have air flow, so from the pipe that he made, he made a little hole and connected it, this way i have a airflow, it sounds great, and an just a little bit more power. For the aero kit, I have both the front lip, and rear spoiler, I am waiting on the side skirts that i am getting on wednesday for $294. I would suggest at least get a dummy dual exhaust for the rer lip, it looks really good any know one will now. i have both pictures of the exhaust from undereath, and pictures of the exhaust with and without the rear spoiler.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Question... is it possible to put the 2 door front lip on the 4 door front? cuz the 2 door one looks alot sportier...

·
the tooth
307 Posts
v6s dont have true duals. I4 peeps can go dual without jeopardizing power or torque and vice a versa. Just go with tsx setup and u'll be happy.

·
Registered
164 Posts
NexsoN said:
hey, im new here, but I wanted to shead some light on this. When i purchased my 05 4cyl accord in march, within 3 weeks i wanted dual exhaust, reguardless of anything. I was told that i would loose power and such since it was a 4 cyl. This is the trick. i purcased 2 hks mufflers, brought them to mineke. there they replace the pipe from the catalytic conveter, and then continues to replace the old stock muffler, from there , the other new exhaust was going to be almost as a dummy, but stil have air flow, so from the pipe that he made, he made a little hole and connected it, this way i have a airflow, it sounds great, and an just a little bit more power. For the aero kit, I have both the front lip, and rear spoiler, I am waiting on the side skirts that i am getting on wednesday for $294. I would suggest at least get a dummy dual exhaust for the rer lip, it looks really good any know one will now. i have both pictures of the exhaust from undereath, and pictures of the exhaust with and without the rear spoiler.
Until it's cold outside and there is fog only coming from one muffler. :eek:

·
-Brian
8,607 Posts
yea, well i live in florida, dont really have that problem, and plus the other muffler gets airflow, just not as much.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts