Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a set of brand new Ksport coilovers for the 6th Gen Accords. I believe they are almost the same as Megan Racing & D2 coilovers, made in the same manufacturing plant.

Here is the info on the suspension from the Ksport website. www.ksportusa.com

* 36-way adjustable dampening
* Made from high quality 6061 Aluminum with T6 for increased hardness
* Compression/Rebound adjustable
* Adjustable spring perch for height adjustment
* Adjustable body allowing maximum suspension travel
* Pillow Ball Top Mount w/ adjustable camber (not available for some models)
* Monotube High Pressure Design reduces oil leakage
* Electroplated body for protection from corrosion and rust
* One Year Limited Warranty

I never installed these, still brand new. Located in Southern California. Willing to ship, buyer pays shipping costs. Average would be $30. If you are local, I will give you a price break on the suspension.

I'm asking for $700, price IS negotiable. Just PM me with any questions. Thanks!!

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
oih man....so cheap for bomb coilovers....i would say these are the BEST coilovers for the money.

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Damn these are amazing prices! Too bad I just bought my Tein SS however slightly used for $672 shipped.

How do these compare to Tein SS? I think SS has 16 dampening settings available while these have 32?

So the spring rates are 13K/6K or 728/336

These new on the website are $1000

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
Ksport offers custom spring rates. so pocky let us know what they are.

thats the huge advantage with Ksport and D2, is that they offer custom spring rates from the factory. and then they valve the shock more aggressively accordig to the spring rate as well.

:)

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
honestly i dont understand how people go gagaa over tein and omnis and miss this product completely....

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
people dont buy ksport...because they dont hear them like they do with tein....tein is soo commercial now that its cool to have...i mean ksports are just as good...wait no, k sports are much better than the tein ss with out a doubt.....with the adjustable shock body and the 32 way adjustable shocks....that right there is WAY more versatile than the tein ss would ever be. also these include the top pillow mount....so u dont have to use the stock like the tein ss would. if i ihave a 6th gen i would be on this like no other.....i might even sell my teins for a set of ksport...

and so have u guys heard of apexi? they are on the leaders in suspensioin and engine aftermarket products......megan racing, ksport, and maybe d2...are made by the same people as the apexi. if u look at the design...it is very similiar....the ksports are the same exact as the d2 but have better shocks....for the money hands down ksport wins.\

there is my 2 cents on this...goodluck ray. BUMP.

·
Registered
2,075 Posts
OwAce said:
^^ what he just said, cept the part bout the d2s..d2s rock. :p

haha do u have d2? d2 is a great coilover system...dont get me wrong...but i just heard if the d2s are that great....the ksports are better. also these coilovers might get bad interest because they are made in hong kong....but what isnt ....right? ksports has a tech in america so if u guys have a problem with them...no worries they speak english!

·
indoctidiscant
3,790 Posts
i believe the d2s and the ksports are essentially the same. its just that d2 is run more for a track setup and the ksports more for streetdriving.

d2 has a racing track history..

oh well either way these shock type coilovers are awesome. not to be beaten

1 - 20 of 26 Posts