Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Formerly EPS Sniper
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...don't get too excited. A few places have it for sale but apparently Eibach hasn't even released them. Turns out that they are in prototype and don't come out until June.

I'm thinking of just getting the Koni Yellows and putting them on the lowest perch with Prokits at this point. Thoughts?

·
Street Brawler
523 Posts
eps sniper said:
...don't get too excited. A few places have it for sale but apparently Eibach hasn't even released them. Turns out that they are in prototype and don't come out until June.

I'm thinking of just getting the Koni Yellows and putting them on the lowest perch with Prokits at this point. Thoughts?
I've got that setup, exactly. You'll be about two fingers in the front and 1 1/2 fingers in the back. Depending on your wheel width and offset you may rub up front (or in the back for that matter, if you get a crazy offset). I've got 235/40-18 tires on 8" wide wheels with a +48 offset and I rub up front. Not bad though. It looks badass! You'll definitely notice the bumps more and speed bumps can be pretty annoying. It might be less so for me if I didn't have the subs bouncing around in the back:) I've gotta find a way to keep them from moving around. And I can't describe the feeling of going around a corner or turn. It's like night and day. I love driving my car on twisty roads. It's so fun!

·
Formerly EPS Sniper
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm definitely excited about this setup. The stock suspension seems so.....confusing. It rides with a 4 inch gap, yet it isn't very soft at all. Every morning when I pull into work, the road behind the office reminds me of how desperate I need an upgrade. Talk about underdampening.

I'm going to be running factory 6 speed wheels with 225/50/17s, so I don't think rubbing will be an issue.

·
Formerly EPS Sniper
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
BTW, for those with the Konis and Prokits, what perch settings are you using? I'm definitely going to the lower one on the front. I might just leave it in the middle for the rear so that I'm not tucking. As of now the rear has like a 1.5-2 inch gap

·
Registered
351 Posts
eps sniper said:
I'm definitely excited about this setup. The stock suspension seems so.....confusing. It rides with a 4 inch gap, yet it isn't very soft at all. Every morning when I pull into work, the road behind the office reminds me of how desperate I need an upgrade. Talk about underdampening.

I'm going to be running factory 6 speed wheels with 225/50/17s, so I don't think rubbing will be an issue.
They must have increased the dampening in 06 more than I guessed. I have konis on the back and oem on the front (till I get the front konis modified....bad mounting design imo), and I have to crank the rear konis to 7/8th of a full turn in order to keep the handling neutral. With the konis on the front I had them turned to 3/4 turn and the rear turned to 1/2 turn and it was pretty neutral. I did not expect the stock 6spd struts to dampen as much as they did.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts