Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last Wednesday my dad was injured pretty bad in a head-on car accident he hasnt been doin well. I was in NYC last week when I heard the bad news and I came straight down. He has a shattered right knee cap and a left arm that is broken in 2 places. He hasnt been able to walk. Thankfully through surgery they both have been repaired but will take alot of rest and rehab til he is able to walk again. Never seeing my dad down I just havent been the same since, I havent been like doin anything, I havent felt like talkin to anyone, I havent felt like getting on the forums, its just been hard for me to do anything cause ive never seen my dad struggle ever cause hes always been a warrior. And since im the oldest son im kinda been called on to hold the family on my back with my mom. For all those that pray please keep me and my dad in your prayers, pray for me to be strong and for my dad's health. Moms im gonna call you tomorrow cause I really need someone to talk to cuz im gonna rip a hole in my wall. And as far as new mods on my car its on hold for a little while cuz I gave my mom about 1400 for the family until my dad's insurance kicks and he gets his 120% salary and he'll pay me back. But as far as the stuff I have now I gotta re-schedule with Paul cause I missed out cause I had to take care of my dad, sorry guys about that but I wasnt in any good spirits to talk to anyone. If anyone wants a pic of the damage let me know with your phone number and ill send you the police pic my brother gave me.

-Mike

·
Registered
1,342 Posts
Damn bro, I'm sorry to hear about that. At least he's alive and seems as though nothing is permanent. I'm not gonna come up with some cheesy life saying so I'll just leave it at my prayers are with you and your family.

·
Registered
4,602 Posts
Im glad your dad is ok. Its a very important time for you to step into ur dads role in the family now and be strong. I will definetly say a prayer for you, ur dad and family. God Bless.

·
Registered
5,513 Posts
I don't know you personally but I've been through a similar situation.

Stay strong for your dad. He and your family needs you to be right now.

·
4,767 Posts
Hey Mike. i'm sorry to hear about your situation. I was on the same situation last year when my Mom passed away. my Mom was a single parent and I was the only guy in the family ... so pretty much everyone is leaning on me. I don't know you and don't know where you at as far as relationship with God, but just stay strong and i will be praying for you and your family.

I believe it is best for you to go out and talk to your family and friends. Isolating yourself will only make everything worst because everyone that is around you is affected. You gotta be strong and show your siblings that everything will be fine no matter what the outcome is. Everything happens for a reason and I believe that God is shaping your life. He is preparing you for something better in the future.

Just stay strong bro :)

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
i'm sorry to hear about your father's accident. Your father, you and the family will be in my prayers. May Godspeed the healing process and bring back the warrior your father is.

·
J35 6Spd
6,107 Posts
your family is in my prayers ... best of luck with everything

it's good to hear that the surgery went well and that he will recover from it.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks guys appreciate all the love! imma start comin back over here more cuz 6ga is becomin too ricey for me.

·
hella flush
7,225 Posts
sorry about what happened to your father, but at least he's still alive. keep him and your family in my prayers. hope everything will be okay.

·
MADE IN THE PHILIPPINES
2,373 Posts
Be strong bro.
i'll be praying for your family as well. :)

·
k24/k20 Turbo coming soon
3,305 Posts
Sorry to hear of the Bad news Mike if you need anything you know we always here. I pray for your father for a full recovery bro take care.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Actually he went to his doctor and physical therapist yesterday and he is walking pretty good with a wrapped up leg. His recovery time looks more like 3-6 months instead of 6-12. But he can use the potty by himself now and he can get out his chair and couches by himself now.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts