Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how many of u are running on ur stock shocks still, with lowering springs?.. Also how are they holding up? How many miles have u put on them? What is the ride quality like... Also what are u using and did u need a camber kit? Sorry for all the questions but this will help me decide whether to go HFP, or other lowering methods.. Thanks in advance....

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
ive had my eibach sportlines on for about 12,000 miles and i'm still goin fine...gonna switch them out soon and get neuspeed race w/koni adjustables or tein basics

·
Registered
12 Posts
i got eibach sportlines on my 03 ex v6 sedan with oem shocks. it's been about 20k miles on it. the right rear shock is dead. i just ordered a set of koni yellows and plan to install it soon.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I'm running with the eiback prokit (about a 1.2in. drop) on oem shocks. I have also installed the TL rear sway. I've put 20,000 on the new springs, shocks are still good. I will upgrade eventually, when the oem shocks are shot. With the eiback prokit lowering springs, the rear gap is lower than the front, just like stock. If that concerns you, I think someone put out a lowering spring that adjusts for that. I don't know who. Good luck with it.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Tein H-tech is supposedly designed to be used with the stock shocks.
About the same drop as the eibach pro's. Looks real clean, and I havn't heard of anyone having a problem with shocks yet.

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
anyone have s techs with stockshocks? im thinking of just running the s-techs until i decide on what shocks to purchase, was thinking koni but i dunno, i may want to change out everything soon and save up a lil more and get a tein ss or ssp or maybe even D2 coilovers in a lil bit but maybe after a few months. I think i will be fine with tein s-techs & stock shocks for the summer= maybe 4000 miles over 3 months or so.

Ive had these S-techs, TL Sway and Ingalls rear camber kit since FEB and i want to fcukin install them already, but have just been hesitant about which shocks to get. I will prob end up with konis in a lil... but for now: I want to drop my car ASAP b.c i have rims on the way and want to erase my wheel gap and SUV stance. let me know what you guys think, im open to good and bad comments here thankyou!

·
Registered
370 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Raddy21 said:
anyone have s techs with stockshocks? im thinking of just running the s-techs until i decide on what shocks to purchase, was thinking koni but i dunno, i may want to change out everything soon and save up a lil more and get a tein ss or ssp or maybe even D2 coilovers in a lil bit but maybe after a few months. I think i will be fine with tein s-techs & stock shocks for the summer= maybe 4000 miles over 3 months or so.

Ive had these S-techs, TL Sway and Ingalls rear camber kit since FEB and i want to fcukin install them already, but have just been hesitant about which shocks to get. I will prob end up with konis in a lil... but for now: I want to drop my car ASAP b.c i have rims on the way and want to erase my wheel gap and SUV stance. let me know what you guys think, im open to good and bad comments here thankyou!

Ya. Im in the same boat as u.. Just have to decide what to go with.. Was thinking HFP.. But I think after looking around, Something a little lower would be better... Don't want the ride to be harsh though.. So might go with some koni's and some neuspeed springs.. Not sure though... Don't want to have to do the job more than one though.. Want to lower it and be done with it..

·
Registered
379 Posts
PM me if you have any questions. We are now an authorized V6P Vendor and here to help. :) Currently, running a sale on Ingalls camber kits (also carry SPC camber kits) and will be posting a coilover groupbuy on OMNI coilovers. Checkout our vendor forum.

·
Your Mom Drives a Honda
1,999 Posts
i think i jinxed myself by postin how good my stock shocks were still doing...in the past two days i have noticed them gettin worse and worse...looks like i'm gonna have to drop the money and get the koni yellows....poor me :woot:

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
ahh so the verdict is 10k mi or so until the stock shocks blow its seems like.

I need to get my s-techs on bc summer is going to be gone soon and want my car lookin good for the rest of sunny season

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm using stock shock with H&R springs.
Just wondering, which shocks should I get when my shocks are dead?
THanks

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
konis

·
From J30A to 4g63
753 Posts
IvtecV6_ACCORD said:
Just wondering how many of u are running on ur stock shocks still, with lowering springs?.. Also how are they holding up? How many miles have u put on them? What is the ride quality like... Also what are u using and did u need a camber kit? Sorry for all the questions but this will help me decide whether to go HFP, or other lowering methods.. Thanks in advance....
I have the H&R springs on the stock shocks and they seem to ride just fine. No noises or problems so far. Ive had them for around 15k miles. There was no need for the camber kit as the drop wasnt that low...and the alignment was perfect. I have both methods now, lowering springs and the HFP kit (waiting for the rear still), so ill i need now is some dang wheels! I have heard HFP suspension is also pretty decent.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I HAD my H&R sport with the stock shox lasted 2 months at most maybe 5K miles and the front driver side went out ( now they are sitting on Koni's and what a difference). Talking to my Honda tech buddy he says it more or less luck of the draw on how long stock shox will last with lowering springs. I will say with the H&R if you drive on any roads that aren't paved very well they get a little boucy here and there. As far as the ride, it rides nice, but like I said it depends a lot on the roads. Thats one of the reasons they may not hold up as long either, and IL roads are for garbage. Peace

1 - 18 of 18 Posts