Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
can't go lower...FML
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
for people living in so cal wanting a j pipe, come check out the place in MP called MAZZ autosport. they'll charge you cheap as hell and the guy there knows all about performance crap and air flows and blah blah blah. he knows a LOT about exhausts. if you want the best airflow from your j pipe to your exhaust and want a great deal, juss come check it out. if you want directions, pm me and ill give it ta ya~ o wait, i have their phone number

626) 572-5180
talk to STEVEN and tell em austin sent ya

·
Registered
352 Posts
v6_ccord_2k5 said:
whats the purpose of this "J Pipe" ive read about it and seen a couple but whats its 'function'
It's the AV6 version of a header. Since the exhaust manifold on our engine is cast into the head, we don't have headers. The exhaust goes through the casting and immediately into the first set of cat converters. From here a new pipe starts and merges with the other bank of cylinders. This pipe is commonly known as the "j-pipe". It is inefficiently designed and restricts airflow. No large scale manufacturer will produce a improved version for us AV6'ers, so a few brave souls went out and got one made on their own. I currently am looking to get a stock one to get a template made to have a local high performance muffler shop bang out a few for everyone.

J

·
oSCaR
4,919 Posts
Jinx32 said:
It's the AV6 version of a header. Since the exhaust manifold on our engine is cast into the head, we don't have headers. The exhaust goes through the casting and immediately into the first set of cat converters. From here a new pipe starts and merges with the other bank of cylinders. This pipe is commonly known as the "j-pipe". It is inefficiently designed and restricts airflow. No large scale manufacturer will produce a improved version for us AV6'ers, so a few brave souls went out and got one made on their own. I currently am looking to get a stock one to get a template made to have a local high performance muffler shop bang out a few for everyone.

J
aaahhhhhhh... I see, thank you very much for the enlightenment
:thanks: ... would it help/be possible to say... get one w/ an aftermarket exhaust? ie comptech, greddy?

·
can't go lower...FML
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes you can. you can just get a custom j pipe built with those exhausts hooked up to it. if that's the case, you can probably get one built for around 300 ish from MAZZ

·
No Life LowLife
79 Posts
as2222 said:
yes you can. you can just get a custom j pipe built with those exhausts hooked up to it. if that's the case, you can probably get one built for around 300 ish from MAZZ
Hey as2222, I like your single exhaust setup! looks clean. I am just wonder how did you go about to do the J-pipe? When you merged the pipes from the header, did they have to be equal length when the pipes come together? Somebody said this is important. What did the folks from MAZZ think about this? :confused:

·
Registered
352 Posts
aznsouljaboy said:
im new to this and whats a j-pipe ???

Uh, search like, 4 posts above this one.
No one has proven that the equal length is necessary when asked before, but I feel it could be for sound/resonance reasons. Then again, after viewing what Honda did with their wonderful "pinch" technique at making the J-pipe in the first place, I wonder how important it really is.

J

·
Registered
93 Posts
as2222 said:
for people living in so cal wanting a j pipe, come check out the place in MP called MAZZ autosport. they'll charge you cheap as hell and the guy there knows all about performance crap and air flows and blah blah blah. he knows a LOT about exhausts.
Do you have pics of your J-pipe?

·
can't go lower...FML
2,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i just got my sony ti (everything i have has a TI in it.. sorry.. im being retarded) but anyways, ill take some pix of it. my cams charging so chill people CHILL!!

·
Registered
93 Posts
:needpics:
as2222 said:
i just got my sony ti (everything i have has a TI in it.. sorry.. im being retarded) but anyways, ill take some pix of it. my cams charging so chill people CHILL!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts