Accord V6 Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
632 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a rather noobish question, however i'd rather be on the safe side

ok so i have a 98 AV6, but i prefer the 01-02 front bumper. Now if i find a 01-02 front, it WILL fit on my car with no extra effort other than just bolting it on rite? Or will it require modding? I assume it should just bolt on but I'd rather hear it from you guys, so i dont ebay one and try and put it on only to find out it doesnt work, and kick myself in the face for wasting money. Thanks for any help and sorry for the noobish question, i think.

·
Banned
4,655 Posts
ok wat if i have a 01 coupe but want a 98-00style aftermarket front bumper, will it fit good? i know the 01s have 1pc grill + bumper setup but the 98-00s have 2pc removable setup...i want the type R grill look :D , 98style bumper is smaller looking?

·
Registered
91 Posts
kleptodathief said:
ok wat if i have a 01 coupe but want a 98-00style aftermarket front bumper, will it fit good? i know the 01s have 1pc grill + bumper setup but the 98-00s have 2pc removable setup...i want the type R grill look :D , 98style bumper is smaller looking?
i had a friend get a body shop to cut the grill out of his o2 bumper to add a insert grill is that stupid!

·
Registered
2,629 Posts
^^Not really....im doing that. Its actually better in my opinion, since u get both the aftermarket look and OEM. If u wanna go back to OEM, then just put the Honda Emblem back on :)

·
Registered
514 Posts
maying856 said:
Its a direct bolt on, no modding required :)
Thats what I thought, until the body shop tried to put on my new bumper. You have to either cut the bumper support bracket or get the 01-02 one. 98-00 and 01-02 have different suport brackets. Also the hood will come up slighty short of the bumper. I swapped mine for a 98-00 and my 02 hoosis a little bit long and doesent line up perfectly. Not noticeable though.

*edit* my bad, thought he had a sedan.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
Re-opening old thread...I want this conversion also. I have a 2000 4cyl 5spd coupe and want the 01-02 front bumper. The 01-02 will directly bolt on to the 2000 coupe?

·
Mirage Representative
2,581 Posts
Okay, now what about the side skirts and rear bumper? Can you swap those out too? I definately like the 01-02 front, sides, and rear "ground effects" better than my 00's.

·
Destroyer of Tires
16,094 Posts
Everything is directly interchangable. The only conversion that will require any other specific parts would be if you wanted to put a Coupe front end on a Sedan or a Sedan front end on a coupe.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I was wondering the same thing as I have a 98 coupe. So where can one fine a newer bumper? Anyone here selling theirs? I couldn't find a for sale forum here. Also would the newer bumper line up with my existing hood?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts