Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 98 accord, I want to put the newer front bumper, the one on the 01-02, will it be a prefect fit or there's a bit difference?

·
Super IcyAccord
2,512 Posts
pics? also what did you do with the foglights?

:) the foglights are still on my old bumper. i'm saving the bumper for the day i find a oem lip kit :p

only reason i went 01-02 is cause i was going through mugen lips like a baby with mad diareah. after the 6th one, i said screw it and just went 01-02 since it has kind of a flare on the bumper itself :p plus it looks cleaner IMO.

i'm currently trying to find some OEM fogs to fit the 01-02, but they seem to be impossible to find... they're freakin expensive too!

·
Registered
3,436 Posts
damn i didnt realize that you had switched the bumper in that picture. After seeing the fogs on your 98-00, you motivated me to get some oem fogs for my car. hopefully i can get them on tomorrow :)

·
-Maninder
3,962 Posts
Since I'm already in this thread..I might as well ask.

Has anybody with a sedan swapped a 98-00 coupe bumper?
I've only seen 01-02 sedans do 98-00 sedan bumper and 01-02 coupe swap, never seen a 98-00 coupe...

·
Boosted
1,529 Posts
yes since this is a bumper thread;
is the sedan bumpers longer or anything than coupes
Say I want a 99 sedan front LIP on a 99 coupe bumper..just needs a little trimming?

·
Registered
12 Posts
i did it on my 98 sedan. there is a gap from the grill to the hood but it isnt that bad. just get a aftermarket hood for a 2000 up and that'll take care of that. the lip kits ive seen are the same from 98 to 02. i have some pics of my 98 with the front swap on cardomain (deco213). i just dont know how to get the pics. on this.... i most be doing something wrong. but check it to see if thats what youre talking about.

·
Registered
12 Posts
it does have more curves. it makes it look alot better. right? i think so anyway. i got mine at a aftermarket parts warehouse. the same place where bodyshops get there parts from.i payed something like $65.00 i think. that was like 2 years ago.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts