Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well, my car has been making really nasty noise at stop. So tonight I decided to inspect the front suspension... It looks like my passenger side lower control arm bushing is cracked. has anyone had this problem yet? :)

·
Game on!
109 Posts
Mine makes a tud sound when you hit a sharp bump. It is an indication that the bushings are bottoming out. This is a problem with having larger tires and stiff suspension setup.

·
Game on!
109 Posts
The original bushings are like inexpensive like $10 bucks. Replacing them needs a special bushing tool that presses them out. Honda stated somewhere that the newer bushings are better. Someone needs to confirm my findings.

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i put in the new bushings.. and my car still makes noise... so i'm investigating it a little further. Got my bushings for like 20 bucks from honda. I'll find out what the noise is possibly tonight or tomorrow and will go from there.

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the only part that required some special tools is to actually remove the bushing from the arm. My shop has a press tool that puts out 4000lbs of pressure to press out the bushing... it's impossible to do by hand. the rest of the work just required regular shop tools. socket wrench etc.

·
Game on!
109 Posts
Thanks for the info. I have been looking for a solution as to how eliminate or dampen the thud sound when you hit big bumps.

Does the suspension needs to be removed in order to press out the lower bushings?

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
removing everything makes it easier for you to put it all back together, but you don't have to. I recommend it though. all the bolts connected to the control arm will have to be unbolted.

·
Game on!
109 Posts
I guess, I will have to pay a shop to do it for me. :(

Then again, do we have a solution yet? Replacing the original lower control arm bushing with an original bushing does not eliminate the thud noise. Hmmmm...

·
Bobby Lane Racing
5,679 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
it hasnt eliminated the noise my car makes.. everytime i stop i hear thud thud squeek like something is hitting something. once i get time i'll put it on the lift and do a full inspection on all wheels. if i can't find out what the problem is i'm replacing my entire suspension since i'm going to end up doing that anyways. i replaced the bushing cause i thought that was the problem since my first initial inspection, the bushing was cracked down the middle. well after replacing it the noise is still here... :(

·
wah?
973 Posts
nighthawk04v6 said:
it hasnt eliminated the noise my car makes.. everytime i stop i hear thud thud squeek like something is hitting something. once i get time i'll put it on the lift and do a full inspection on all wheels. if i can't find out what the problem is i'm replacing my entire suspension since i'm going to end up doing that anyways. i replaced the bushing cause i thought that was the problem since my first initial inspection, the bushing was cracked down the middle. well after replacing it the noise is still here... :(
its the body in ur trunk ;)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts