Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
346hp/300tq @ 4psi
3,014 Posts
wow, that is interesting paul. is that a mini shock absorber? cant wait to see how it works, but dont you think it would have worked better in the rear? im thinking the movement of the engine will pull it up, rather than compress it.

·
Formerly VTEC-v6!
5,254 Posts
wow, that is interesting paul. is that a mini shock absorber? cant wait to see how it works, but dont you think it would have worked better in the rear? im thinking the movement of the engine will pull it up, rather than compress it.
It should help when closing the throttle sharply

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Actually next will be a twin for the rear, and yes it is a real dampener, not a bunch of rubber busings.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
It should help when closing the throttle sharply
Actualy it should help in both directons, but I am also working on one for the rear as well, unlike the NRG "dampener which is really a bunch of rubber bushings, this is a actual fluid filled shock absorber.

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
Actualy it should help in both directons, but I am also working on one for the rear as well, unlike the NRG "dampener which is really a bunch of rubber bushings, this is a actual fluid filled shock absorber.
So your using the CLS damper then? Seems like it to me.

What I find interesting is that the acurazine guys are replacing theirs with NRG dampers. The shock itself is at least $70 and it only loks big and useful in the pics due to its dust cover.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So your using the CLS damper then? Seems like it to me.

What I find interesting is that the acurazine guys are replacing theirs with NRG dampers. The shock itself is at least $70 and it only loks big and useful in the pics due to its dust cover.
You are right in that one of the parts is from the CL-S, the rest.....

·
Registered
7,309 Posts
You are right in that one of the parts is from the CL-S, the rest.....
Well your top bracket is the same, you made the bottom on since thats pretty much the only way its going to bolt down to the subframe. So what your saying then is that its not the same shock the stock 6spd CLS uses?
Did you use teh new TL-S shock?

Just did some cross referencing most of the CLS and TL-S shock parts are the same, shck looks a little different but the cover and washers are the same.

What would be sweet if that shock had adjustable dampening :D

·
Registered
531 Posts
that's pretty cool!

looks like the entire assembly is the same, the lower bracket just rotated and bolted to a peice of angle iron attached to the engine mount

NVA-AV6 it's things like this that make me look forward to your threads !

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Yes, you have to drill and tap the three holes in the tranny, nice of honda to leave them in the casting though.

·
Registered
10,960 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well your top bracket is the same, you made the bottom on since thats pretty much the only way its going to bolt down to the subframe. So what your saying then is that its not the same shock the stock 6spd CLS uses?
Did you use teh new TL-S shock?

Just did some cross referencing most of the CLS and TL-S shock parts are the same, shck looks a little different but the cover and washers are the same.

What would be sweet if that shock had adjustable dampening :D
Yes it would ;)

·
346hp/300tq @ 4psi
3,014 Posts
Actually next will be a twin for the rear, and yes it is a real dampener, not a bunch of rubber busings.
well, if your saying a true dampener should be liqiud filled, then i guess NRG or even ingalls for that matter isnt a "true" one, BUT the NRG comes with polyurethane bushings, not just rubber ones and is alot more aggressive than any gas filled unit would be IMO. the sole purpose of the NRG was to help eliminate some of the wheel hop, not to add comfort between shifts. like nick said above, alot of the 6spd TL guys are ditching the stock gas damper for the NRG, with night and day results.

heres a pic of the TL oem damper, which only came on the 04-06 TL 6 spd's. thats where they got the idea in locating the NRG damper w/ custom bracket. i guess they figured if acura thought it was in a good place, they'd keep it there, since thats where the majority of engine torque is transferred too.

·
v not some model, my girl
5,806 Posts
another smalser work of art..... nice. congrats Kai. :up2:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts