Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone replaced just the front resonator and pipes only and leave the pre-muffler when you did a muffler install?

If so, did the system get much louder? Did you lose any bottom end torque?

I have the Comptech mufflers and last weekend I was having the Comptech tips installed and the Muffler tech noticed the most restrictive pipe (smallest diameter) is between the front resonator and the back pre-muffler, approx. 1 3/4 pipe. I replaced that one pipe only with a 2 1/2 pipe which is approx. the size of the pipes before and then after this section of pipe and resonator. Also the pipes are strangely bent for what we believe is resonance suppression.

Seems to rev up quicker now with only a slightly louder resonance. I considering removing the front resonator and stock pipe and running one long straight 2 1/2 pipe to the back pre-muffler. This should improve flow but I'm concerned about losing bottom end torque and louder resonance, especially because I will be removing the resonator which is right below the drivers seat and the resonance may get really loud, I don't mind the sound of a nice loud snarling exhaust but I cant stand that annoying resonance!

Thanks in advance for your help.

Brad

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry, reposted under Performance...I got side tracked looking at OwAce's hot new D2 supension...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts