Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting this squeaking noise every time I hit a slight pothole or bump on the road. Sometimes I hear the squeak coming from my drivers front wheel and the other times it will come from the passengers side wheel. Living in NYC does not help at all there is not one time when I drive my car that I don't notice this squeak. I don't know much about suspension. Is there anything that I can lube myself to see if it will eliminate the squeak? I need to know what to buy and what exactly to lubricate.
Thanks in advanced,
Adam

BTW ::
I own a 2003 v6 Honda Accord EX with 19,000 Miles...
 

·
you gotta rub to dub!
Joined
·
1,126 Posts
18 views and no one helps?

Here's my suggestion. Look at the suspension and see if the rubber wrap around the springs are coming apart. Do this if you're not lowered. If they are coming apart then that MAY be the source of the squeek. Quick fix, jack up the car and WD-40 the springs.
Thats the only thing I can think of.

Damn I wish I had 19,000 miles on my 2003!! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,960 Posts
drive4fun said:
I'm getting this squeaking noise every time I hit a slight pothole or bump on the road. Sometimes I hear the squeak coming from my drivers front wheel and the other times it will come from the passengers side wheel. Living in NYC does not help at all there is not one time when I drive my car that I don't notice this squeak. I don't know much about suspension. Is there anything that I can lube myself to see if it will eliminate the squeak? I need to know what to buy and what exactly to lubricate.
Thanks in advanced,
Adam

BTW ::
I own a 2003 v6 Honda Accord EX with 19,000 Miles...
The problem is that there are so many different parts that could be causing the squeaking noise, unfortunatly the best thing is to get the front up off the ground, pull the front tires and first to a visual inspection of all joints ,bushings, springs, struts and look for obvious sighns of wear, discolored metal, ripping bushings, missing spring isolation rubber, bushing/joint play, ect.., sorry I can't be more specific as to what part to look at, but I have seen front end squeaks caused by damn near all front end parts, from a dry sway bar busing, to a bad ball joint, to a ripping/worn lower control arm bushing.
 

·
-Brian
Joined
·
8,607 Posts
My squeaking came from a loose linkage bar, it couldn't be tightened so it had to be cutout and a new one installed, fixed the problem
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
153 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for the feedbacks I will lift the car off the ground and take a look and see if I can spot anything.

relentless said:
18 views and no one helps?

Here's my suggestion. Look at the suspension and see if the rubber wrap around the springs are coming apart. Do this if you're not lowered. If they are coming apart then that MAY be the source of the squeek. Quick fix, jack up the car and WD-40 the springs.
Thats the only thing I can think of.

Damn I wish I had 19,000 miles on my 2003!! :)

Are you sure you can spray the suspension components with WD-40? I've heard stories of plastic parts getting dry and then cracking which was caused by the WD-40. Any other type of lubricant I should use? Will a little WD-40 at the bottom and top of the springs do any damage?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,960 Posts
drive4fun said:
Thanks for the feedbacks I will lift the car off the ground and take a look and see if I can spot anything.




Are you sure you can spray the suspension components with WD-40? I've heard stories of plastic parts getting dry and then cracking which was caused by the WD-40. Any other type of lubricant I should use? Will a little WD-40 at the bottom and top of the springs do any damage?
I have never had any problems with using it sparingly and only of the rubber parts, not the plastic parts( ABS sensor, connectors).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
94 Posts
Mine is squeaking like crazy after installing the coilovers and front sway bar when going over speed bumps. Though it only does this after the car has been sitting for awhile, or that the car has gotten wet from driving in rain. I have a funny feeling they didnt put lithium grease on the sway bar bushings.

What else could it be if that doesnt solve the problem?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
10,960 Posts
06 AV6 06MT said:
Mine is squeaking like crazy after installing the coilovers and front sway bar when going over speed bumps. Though it only does this after the car has been sitting for awhile, or that the car has gotten wet from driving in rain. I have a funny feeling they didnt put lithium grease on the sway bar bushings.

What else could it be if that doesnt solve the problem?
Check the spring isolation rubbers (top and bottom), and the sway bar end links.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Top