Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
★★★★
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
★ The product: BRAND NEW AUTHENTIC OEM front lip highly modded for OEM fitment on the 6.5gen coupe front bumper. The lip has zero flaws, and is in perfect showroom condition.

★ Application: 01-02 coupe front bumper. OEM fitment.

★ Color: BRAND NEW SSM paint, not one chip, scratch, or imperfection

★ The lowdown: Up for sale is a BRAND NEW AUTHENTIC OEM front lip, highly modded for an OEM fitment on the 6.5 gen front bumper. This is one of two of these lips in existence, both of which I built for my car. I originally built two of these to have a backup in case I took some road shrapnel on one of them, but since the original has proved to be bulletproof, I don't need them both. I held onto the second lip for awhile in hopes that the BaysonR replica would go through, but the company proved their flakiness multiple times making that a shattered dream.

★ The cost breakdown:
....Brand new OEM front lip: $290
....30 hours of modification: priceless
....Modification supplies: $60
....Professional SSM paintjob: $190
....Total cost: $540 excluding labor

★ The price: $650 + shipping, local pickup HIGHLY PREFERRED

★ The listing details: Lowballers welcome, I could use a good laugh. NO DIBS. Money talks, and local takes first priority. Additional details regarding BaysonR will be discussed prior to the buyer taking delivery of the lip. Paypal add 3%.

★ The pictures: this is the second lip on my car, the one for sale is identical in every way, except it is brand new.

·
Fast at Last!... kind of.
2,163 Posts
Oh my lord.

Honestly for the amount of time/effort you put into this, you should keep it for any unforeseen events in the future. The lip is worth more than that.

·
Vimal (vee-mall)
4,418 Posts
would you sell it to baysonr if i told him to buy this off you?

i can understand you and he have some communication whoas but i dont have any issue with him so if he's willing to pay your price, you willing to sell to him?

he's a hard guy to get a hold of on the phone but luckily i can drive up to his shop and he's usually there most the time. let me know because im still willing to do my part in getting this thing made.

·
Vimal (vee-mall)
4,418 Posts
just got a hold of simon at baysonr, he's willing to replicate the lip but he doesnt want to buy it for that price. i asked him what his approximate pricing would be if he were to replicate it and the figure he gave me was pretty much the same price of his other lips, a little over 100 bucks. he doesnt want to pay that price because if he did, then the 650+shipping to him + him shipping it to china/japan or whereever he gets his stuff made would cost him like a grand before the mold costs which are high.

since he's not willing to buy the lip i offered to donate mine so that he could make the same mods you did but he doesnt want to do that either because its just raises the cost on his side of things. so i guess we're at a standstill with the project :(

he still has the 01-02 bumper i gave him from a wrecked car, there were a few cracks in the upper portion of the bumper but for his purposes of measuring and fitting a lip on the bottom part, it was fine. so he's already got the bumper, just needs a lip.

oh well, i tried. i dont think i really have the skills to make the lip myself otherwise i'd tear mine up to be fitted.

·
★★★★
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
^Wow.

It was clear to me from the beginning that he wanted "something for nothing."

Thanks for your help Vimal. I wish this could have worked out.

·
Banned
120 Posts
just got a hold of simon at baysonr, he's willing to replicate the lip but he doesnt want to buy it for that price. i asked him what his approximate pricing would be if he were to replicate it and the figure he gave me was pretty much the same price of his other lips, a little over 100 bucks. he doesnt want to pay that price because if he did, then the 650+shipping to him + him shipping it to china/japan or whereever he gets his stuff made would cost him like a grand before the mold costs which are high.

since he's not willing to buy the lip i offered to donate mine so that he could make the same mods you did but he doesnt want to do that either because its just raises the cost on his side of things. so i guess we're at a standstill with the project :(
lol baysonR is a joke. greedy bastards wanting that lip for a little over $100.... dont even listen to his BS about costs to get it produced. the profits they make off the other lips they sell are off the walls...

·
Vimal (vee-mall)
4,418 Posts
hhaha, he didnt want to buy it for a little over a $100 he was going to sell his replicas of this lip for that price.

i think he just wants to compensate someone by giving them a few lips for free as opposed to cash because it would cost him next to nothing and it would allow the donator to sell the extra lips to recoupe some of their money.

anyways... dead project.

·
Fast at Last!... kind of.
2,163 Posts
lol baysonR is a joke. greedy bastards wanting that lip for a little over $100.... dont even listen to his BS about costs to get it produced. the profits they make off the other lips they sell are off the walls...
I think you mis-read. I think Vimal asked Bayson about how much Bayson would eventually sell the polyurethane replica lip for after all was said and done and it was "a little over $100".

In any case a business is a business is a business.

Good luck with sale Jake, I hope this one-off piece goes to a good home (ie: Larry)

·
★★★★
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Sale pending to 5pm. If payment isn't received before that time, the lip will be back up for grabs.

·
★★★★
2,138 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
This is sold.

For those who expressed interest, thank you. I'm sorry we couldn't strike a deal and get this piece to you.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts