Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
5,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hey,

yesterday i had my muffler shop put on a new single dynomax muffler on my car, and so now i have to get rid of my CL-S mufflers.

i made a couple of modifications to these mufflers though. I sold the orginal squarish-oval tips because they were too thin, and instead i installed a pair of SS round tips. I then painted the tips gloss black just to experiment to see how it looks. I think it turned out okay. The new exhaust tips are welded on.

i am asking $85 plus shipping, the mufflers are in excellent condition, and now freshly cleaned and detailed. I will also throw in a free Acura CL-S battery cover for the buyer of the mufflers !

here are some pics,(sorry about the pic quality, the sun was messing with the lens)

·
Banned
5,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i am not sure but they should bolt right up to the 6gen AV6 exhaust. This exhaust has already been modified to fit our cars.

·
Banned
5,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
my camera needs to be recharged, pics of the tips will be up soon.

V6pawer, the cl-s mufflers are slightly louder than stock. its hard to describe the sound, but it sounds great underload.

·
Registered
257 Posts
Those videos are great. Thanks. But without side by side comparison it's a bit difficult to judge how much louder it is compare to stock.

Do those new tips affect the sound coming out of the mufflers? I hav a SRI, its sound takes over around >4k rpm, but anything below is silent, so I want something to fill in that missing gap.

Last request: can you tell me or show me a pic of the dimension of the tips? Thanks!

·
4.0L
9,440 Posts
Let's put it this way...you'll barely notice that it's louder than stock when you get on the gas.

As for the size of the piping...the pipe going into the back of the muffler is 2".

Performance gains? I haven't seen a car dyno'd with just these mufflers swapped...but the CL-S mufflers are bigger and higher flowing internally than the stock AV6 mufflers. You should be getting a little more power on the top end...theoretically.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts