Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
EDIT: *Sold pending funds*

Ready to ship out...i need to get garage space back. i'll let em go for $450 picked up (nor-cal, east bay). or i'll ship em out for $480.

D2 coilovers - i want to be completely honest with these. I bought them from a member on the forum not even a year ago. Everything comes with the coilovers, 4 dampening knobs, two adjuster wrenches, and the coilovers. The front coilovers are in good condition. 1 of the rear has an issue of an adjuster hex being stuck.

this tread shows what the usual problem with these type of coilovers. the bottom hex ring is stuck. it also tells you how to get it unstuck.

http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...d.php?t=193187
http://www.v6performance.net/forums/...d.php?t=177246

now these are the actual pictures of the coilovers i have.

updated pics of the rear: as you can see i got one of the hex rings that was stuck loose.

·
call me simon
3,208 Posts
hmmmm i might just have to pick these up...
p.s how exactly did you get one of those unstuck. the links you have don't seem to work

·
Registered
809 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hum...odd about the links

anyways i got em boxed up and ready to ship out so synv6 i couldn't get a chance to work on that other rear.

i pretty much used wd40, a hammer, a long steel tube that fit over the spanner wrench, and went to town until it came loose...i would suggest break free next...but didn't have time to run to the store to get it. if i didn't get it loose my next move was gonna dremel the ring half way and split the rest with a flat head screw driver and a hammer, then just buy a replacement ring. (that's what someone on the forum did to their stuck one as well) ANNNNNND he said mine were in better shape lol so i know there's hope....

anyways coilovers will be shipped tomorrow

·
SD's Panda
1,325 Posts
to get rings or lower shock body unstuck wd-40 and a rubber mallet (dont use a regular hammer you could mess something up worse) work wonders. just spray all around then smack a couple times then get the key and try to move it back and forth, it takes some time but eventually it will work. trust me i had to do it to my rears a couple days ago.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Gonna try the rubber mallet, im sure i can get it unstuck, buddy of mine has a whole garage full of tools! thanks again Xplicit ill post some pics. BTW ill have a full set of HFP suspension up for sale once these are on.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts