Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
same avatar since 03'
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
**SOLD** AEM Bypass Valve *6th Gen AV6*

Hello guys, I have a brand new, never used AEM bypass valve for 6th Gen AV6 AEM CAI for sale. I intended on installing it on my CAI, but have never got around to doing so, and I have now decided not too. My loss, your gain.

Asking: **SOLD**

Thank You for looking :D

·
same avatar since 03'
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
j0bat6j023 said:
is that the diameter only the hole or the outer part too cuz my injen pipe is 3 inch in diameterand i want to make sure its 3 in thx
That is the size of the hole.

·
Registered
94 Posts
V6boss said:
sorry to ask this, but what does it do?
Bypass valve keeps the engine from taking in water in case of splashes, puddles, submersion (kind of).

I've never seen one of these installed...where does it go? Is it ok/a good idea to have the CAI w/ bypass valve and a TBS (I have my CAI and Helix TBS sitting around, I figure if I'm going to put in a bypass valve I'll do it all at once)?

Dibs.

·
Registered
900 Posts
dont you have to cut you intake in half? and i heard that you don't realy need it unless your engines turbo charged?

·
same avatar since 03'
3,823 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
UnIQuEX said:
dont you have to cut you intake in half? and i heard that you don't realy need it unless your engines turbo charged?
It depends on your intake. If it is the version of the CAI that comes in 2 peices then the answer is no, but if you have the other version that is a single pipe then you would have to cut it in half. The Bypass valve is to keep your car from sucking up water. I don't believe you only need one if you have a turbo.

·
Registered
94 Posts
kEyChAiN said:
It depends on your intake. If it is the version of the CAI that comes in 2 peices then the answer is no, but if you have the other version that is a single pipe then you would have to cut it in half. The Bypass valve is to keep your car from sucking up water. I don't believe you only need one if you have a turbo.
Well I have the single-piece CAI, so I guess I'll take back my dibs...I don't really want to cut it in half.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts