Accord V6 Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just seeing who'd be interested in some left over vinyl that I have. I probably have enough left over for only a couple of accords, so let me know asap.

I used to do complete roofs/fenders/etc wraps with vinyl, but I am no longer doing them, due to time.

I have several sheets of 48" wide, and 50-60" long, black vinyl. Rated to last 5-6 years, when applied to the exteriors of cars.

If any of you guys are interested in what I have left, shoot me a PM. No installations, just the vinyl. I can give you some advice on how to do it, but that's about it.

Not the best angles to show it off, but here are the cars I did in the past (I am no longer doing this, since I don't have time):

-Don

·
Registered
2,757 Posts
how much for a roll enough to do a 7th gen coupe don?
also, i know you said the vinyl will protect the paint, but i'm curious to know, what happens if the vinyl is on the car for years? will the residue stick to the paint?
lmk, and i'll buy some off you. i wanna see, for kicks, how this will look on renzo :)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The vinyl's adhesive side is strong enough to adhere to the car well enough so that it doesn't come flying off or start peeling off by itself. However, it's not so strong that it'll damage the paint, or leave behind any residue that'll give you a hard time, after you remove it.

I've removed vinyl from my car that's sat in the sun all year round (socal), and did not have a single piece of residue left over after taking it off. If there was any, soap and water would take it right off, no problems.

I had/have vinyl on my track car, and change things around all the time, without any problems.

-Don

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Want to see how well the vinyl holds up? Look at the bondo all over the bumper. The vinyl on there is the original vinyl I put on the car from day one.

·
J35 _ 5-Speed A/T
1,780 Posts
...seems to be alot of interest for this. I don't see a problem with you getting rid of the few spare sheets you have lying around.

Don, I wonder if it would be possible for you to set up a good price w/ your previous? or current contact for this material, so that everyone that wants one of these vinyl sheets could get one? Not necessarily a group buy, but maybe a "hook-up" if we were to mention this website? ...it's just a thought, spur of the moment kinda thing.

I'm not sure if setting up a good price for this material would break any rules on this site though?

I may want to try this on my hood, if the cost is not too pricey.

Thnx,
Michael

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I don't want to step on any toes on this site, so I just want to sell whatever leftovers I have, and be done with it.

My contacts were wholesalers, that I had accounts with, and you had to buy in bulk (hence why I have so much left over). They don't do retail sales to the general public.

-Don

1 - 20 of 82 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.