Accord V6 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Fast at Last!... kind of.
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I'm looking to sell a set of boosted Bosch Gen2 ballasts that I had made for a local retrofit customer who ended up bailing on the project. :rolleye2: ...

While regular HID ballasts output 35watts of power, these have been measured to output over twice that at full boost.

Ballasts come with a switch and/or a knob (switch will turn boost on and off, and the knob will adjust brightness). I've been running these in my car for over a month with no ill effects.

I really don't recommend that whoever buys these use them on full boost all the time, because they're just hella bright. I've never been flashed before, but when it rains and the ground is wet, the reflection off the ground is brighter than halogen highbeams....

Here are soem output shots:
Stock:

Boosted:

Stock:

Boost:

And finally the last shot:

Ballasts have a heatsink secured using Arctic Alumina thermal compound (the good stuff used for CPU heatsinks), as well, they have been resealed with silicone all around to keep the internals from moisture and water. They also come with the OEM bracket (as shown) with the rubber gasket.

I just need to get rid of these as I have no use for it (already have a set on my car!!) and I really need the gas money. (poor student here)

Asking: $240 USD shipped

Paypal (+3.05%) accepted.

Any questions, please do not hesitate to ask.

·
Registered
67 Posts
im interested but as long as it fits an 05 accord coupe v6 let me know..

·
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
00Accord4cyl said:
That is sweet!!! if i could sell my present ballasts to get cash i so would get these...

Just a question though, does the extra power boost put more stress on the wiring harness?
No necessarily, the (not-stock) harness was designed to keep in mind the surge of power through it on startup. (~75W) All these ballasts are are instead of levelling power output to 35W, it keeps it at the boosted wattage. If you're running a stock harness now, I'd suggest an upgrade.

SaNjOTLRydeR said:
im interested but as long as it fits an 05 accord coupe v6 let me know..
Yes it shall fit, given you have a retro w/ an aftermarket HID harness.

·
Registered
67 Posts
well i dont have a retro but i do have a hid harness that i bought from xenon depot back than..let me know if it would fit..

·
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
SaNjOTLRydeR said:
well i dont have a retro but i do have a hid harness that i bought from xenon depot back than..let me know if it would fit..
It will work. =)

Are you planning on putting these in stock housings?

·
99% OEM
800 Posts
That's bad! I really need to get me some boosted ballasts... It's funny how we like to modify everything; even something that is in itself a mod.

·
2,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^ Wilco.

A lot of PMs regarding these, but nothing solid so far. These are still up for grabs.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts